• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Need good home for: PDP-11/34a, 11/34, 11/05, RK05J, LA34, racks, vt100s, print sets

desertbits

For pickup only in Tucson, AZ USA

I'm liquidating my unibus PDP-11 gear to clear out storage. Included are:
- pdp11/34a, pdp11/34 (2), pdp-11/05 (2), RK05J (4)
- many spare boards, extra rk05 heads & diskpacks, dz11, Rk07 controller boards and backplane
- several boxes of orange binders of original RT11 and Vax documentation
- boxes of print sets and other hardware/software documentation
- wide format high-speed serial dot-matrix printer + spare boards
- one full-height and one half-height rack
- vt100 (2) , la34 (2)
- Dec Pro/350 with tons of original software and manuals, P/OS + TSX+ (excellent condition)
- ADM-31 terminal + misc other stuff

Most of this stuff was in working order when placed into clean, temperature-controlled storage over 12 years ago, although the K-box power supplies do whine quite a bit. One of the RK05s had a head crash down to the aluminum, so it's full of debris (I have 1 or 2 sets of replacement heads) and you'll probably need to replace the filter(s).
Make me a reasonable offer. *Preference give to those who will take it all.* (You'll need a small moving van as a pickup truck likely won't cut it.)
Anyone up for a rescue to save this from the scrap dealer?

Let's find this gear a good home.

Wish I was closer to grab it. Whatever you do don't scrap it, that stuff is very rare and desireable

I second this in every way. If this was less than 500 miles away, I'd be all over it.
If someone's going to be buying and distributing, I'm going to show especial interest in that Pro/350...

I second this in every way. If this was less than 500 miles away, I'd be all over it.

A little over 700 miles for me. I'd have to either fly out and rent a truck to bring it back or make two round trips with my truck. Despite that, I'm still tempted - if only I had the time.

Over 1000 miles for me so not gonna happen. If it was much closer I'd be there.

Common man, save it from the scrape dealers! That’s well over a thousand dollars of hardware easy and would be certain that if no one here gets up to the challenge of making a deal and picking it up their will be several people that will see the dollar signs with the 11/05 systems and come out and pick it up.
I put a link up in the Dec section being several people have talked about there being none of this stuff around so for the people on the west coast this is there big chance. I know that I have driven five or six hundred miles to pick up systems in the past so for the west coasters this is just what is going to be involved if you want a big system.
Just hope this stuff goes to a collector and not some eBay hack who is looking at all the money they can make by parting this stuff out and selling the parts individually.
Don’t get me wrong, am grateful you are giving the people here a chance to buy the stuff and as weird as it sounds appreciate you doing this but the scrap comment is just a little over the top.

There are two LA34 there. Of course it would be great if they are saved too. But if that doesn't happen I am very interested in the "VIEW" button down in the left corner of the keyboard. I will pay for the button and shipping. I have a LA34 but it is missing this particular button and they are not to be found on other keyboards than the LA34 and the LA120 as far as I know.

I'm very interested in the entire lot. I'm doing some restoration work for a computer museum and could make really good use of it. I can pickup at your location. I sent you a PM. Thanks, Steve

Back