• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 10 1/2 mag tape reels

djkrex

Experienced Member
I've got some IBM 10 1/2" mag tape reels that I'd like to get rid of. They are the kind that you would see spinning any time the word computer was mentioned on tv or in the movies. They have a 3 1/2 inch hole in the middle to fit on the drive hub, and a plastic band around the outside to keep the tape from spilling off. If anybody wants one, they are almost free. I would need actual shipping ( media mail cheap) plus 2 bucks to pay for dirving around looking for cardboard, pizza boxes, trips to post office etc. I don't know how many I have so first come first serve.

IBM 10 1/2 mag tape reels

These are 6250 rated reels. They are not too old (9 years +). I have no idea what system they were used on. There is about a 99% chance that it was an IBM mainframe computer. Nothing else exists in this area. As for as the tape drive itself, I can't remember the model numbers any more but it's a good chance that it's the kind that stands about eye level, you pop on the reel, the glass goes up, the tape threads, the reels start to spin and the lights flash. ;-)

Back