• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IDE (PATA) DVD and CD drives

hargle

Veteran Member
Anyone interested in a DVD or CD drive?
dvds.png

LITE-ON DVD iHDP118-08 4, June 2010
TORiSAN CDR-S1G, June 1995
LITE-ON CD-ROM LTN-483S
CREATIVE DVD8400E, March 2000
PIONEER DVD-105S, Nov 2000

Haven't been tested in years; assumed to work.
If there is interest in any of these I can probably pull out an old machine to test with. These will otherwise go to the recyclers.

might be interested in the creative and pioneer drives if they are working, and depending what your asking price is

somehow I knew the creative drive would be interesting to someone...
I guess it's time to drag out an old machine to test. Standby please.

ok, all drives except the "TORiSAN CDR-S1G, June 1995" worked.
By worked, I booted into DOS, loaded a CD-ROM driver and read the directory entry out of a CD or DVD depending on the drive type. Nothing else was done to validate functionality as this was already more time spent than I hoped to spend.

I do not have an asking price. throw me an offer and I'll take the highest bidder on wednesday.

Back