• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

DEC Infoserver 100 - free

shirkahn

Experienced Member
I've got a DEC Infoserver 100 up for grabs. You pay the postage, its yours.

It powers up and seems to see the drives. It will arrive with a 1gb Fujitsu half height drive and a CD-ROM. Unfortunatly I have no software for it and I haven't been able to locate any either.

The wife hath proclaimed "you aint' using it- it goes" - so please help me preserve the good ship "S.S. Domestic Tranquilty" and take this sucker off my hands. It would seem a shame for it to end up in a scap heap.

-Chris

Hey, did anyone step up to the plate on this one or did your wife get her way?

Lousy timing....

Lousy timing....

John,

I regret to inform you that I've spent my day "tidying up" the lab which included busting down the Infoserver (yanked the drives, powersupply and namebadge) and chunking it in the bin. Catching up on the forums was going to be my little reward to myself for staying on task.

I do however still have a slightly quirky PinnacleMicro "Sierra" Magneto Optical drive up for grabs though. I'll even toss in a couple of carts for it.

Its free plus shipping. Figure about 3 pounds(ish) from 74136 via the Post(al) Office.

Lemme know if you are interested.

-ShirKahn

Re: Lousy timing....

shirkahn said:
John,

I do however still have a slightly quirky PinnacleMicro "Sierra" Magneto Optical drive up for grabs though. I'll even toss in a couple of carts for it.

-ShirKahn

SCSI? Internal? Capacity? Form factor?

(My first CD burner was a Pinnacle Micro, and I wasn't real impressed with the quality of it. It died after 1 yr). Anyways, mebbe someone here is interested enough to want to know the above questions (but were afraid to ask). The price certainly can't be beat!

--T

Terry Yager said:
shirkahn said:
John,

<snip>
SCSI? Internal? Capacity? Form factor?

--T
<snip>
Right you are!

Pinnacle Micro "Sierra"- External SCSI Magneto Optical Drive
uses 1.3 GB carts but I think there is a firmware update for it that should let it do larger ones.

Known issues- SCSI selector switch need to be put back on correctly.
It also has a problem with the load sensor. You put a cart in and it may take several tries before it sees it. Other than that it works like a champ. The cooling fan has been replaced and once it seats the cart its just fine.

The unit runs about $475 as a refurb.

Free + shipping to whoever wants it.

-Chris

I am interested in taking this off your hands for the cost of shipping. You know, I always wanted an optical drive but could never afford one. Is it in working condition? Is there any software I need to get this drive working?

John-
The drive works fine once it seats the cartridge correctly- it can take it on the first try or the 15th- its a crapshoot.
It reads and writes data just fine. No additional software should be needed for NT, 2K, *nix or VMS applications. You have start the drive and have the cartridge seated before you boot the machine. After that you can swap out cart's just like zip drives.
Email me through the site and we'll get togther on the specifics of shipping it to you.

-Chris

Hey Chris,
I sent you a PM a week ago, I guess you didn't get it. I would like to make arrangements to get this drive. PM me with details. Thanks!

Back