• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS : XT-ide expansion card for Toshiba Portables CF T1200 T1600 T3100 T5100 T5200

Conventional Memories

Experienced Member
XTide CF adapter card for Toshiba laptops.

This card makes it easy to add, expand or replace the storage on your Toshiba laptop.

You can use an installed CF card as if it were your main hard disk and boot from it, install dos, windows or any other programs onto it.

You could also use this together with an already installed hard disk to expand the storage and making file transfers easy.

If you have a portable like the T3200sx(c) or T5200(c) that only supports Conner IDE drives, this card also enables you to add any other IDE drive internally.

This board is based on Lo-tech’s XT-CF-lite design and made to fit inside of the proprietary Toshiba expansion slot.

Compatible laptops are:

T1100 PLUS

T1200

T1600

T2100

T3100 (E)(sx)

T3200sx(c)

T5100

T5200(c)

And probably some of the Japanese models J-3100… not sure which ones have the expansion slot.

There are 2 versions of the card, one with a 3d printed back panel mount and one without.

INTERNAL: card without back panel, has the advantage of being hidden and making the machine look “stock”. But it’s only compatible with the T1100+, T1200 and T1600. The other Toshiba’s require the card being mounted to the back panel to keep it in place.

EXTERNAL: card with 3d printed back panel, has the advantage of making the CF card easily accessible trough a slot in the back panel. And it is compatible with all Toshiba portables with the expansion slot.

Please specify which version of the card you want, internal or external.

If you specify which Toshiba portable the card will be used in, I'll pre-program the ROM for you.

You can purchase a fully assembled board from me, or a kit with all parts included.

Assembled €37
Kit €27
You can buy one from me trough DM or on my eBay page, https://www.ebay.com/usr/conventionalmemories
Shipping from Belgium, ask me for a shipping quote.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Extra info, If you want to re-program the card yourself:

The design is based on Lo-tech’s XT-CF-lite board with fixed IO and ROM addresses (300h - 31Fh, 32KB at C800h).

The ROM must be programmed with different configurations for the different Toshiba portables.

Programming is done with Lo-tech’s XT-CF flash utility: https://www.lo-tech.co.uk/wiki/Lo-tech_XT-CF_flash_utility

Editing the configuration file can be done with XTIDECGF.COM.

(If you tell me what machine it’ll be used in, I’ll pre-program the ROM for you.)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 49
If you specify which Toshiba portable the card will be used in, I'll pre-program the ROM for you.
The ROM must be programmed with different configurations for the different Toshiba portables.
(If you tell me what machine it’ll be used in, I’ll pre-program the ROM for you.)
Why don't you list the differences in configuration so people can easily reprogram the ROM themselves?

Also I'm confused, the machine pictured is a T1200, yet it has the back panel and isn't hidden, whats it look like hidden? for that matter which model has the proprietary slot hidden without a cover?

Why don't you list the differences in configuration so people can easily reprogram the ROM themselves?

Great idea, i'll make a list with whats different and include pre-configured files.

Huh, so you really can modify standard ISA cards to fit in that slot. I had my suspicions, but wasn't sure.

Yes, it' basically an ISA bus with some extra modem connections etc. Finding the right connector was actually the hardest part of this project.

Also I'm confused, the machine pictured is a T1200, yet it has the back panel and isn't hidden, whats it look like hidden? for that matter which model has the proprietary slot hidden without a cover?

I was originally planning to only sell the "internal" version so i didn't have to make 3d-prints , but i later found out that most models (except for T1100+, T1200 and T1600) rely on the slot cover to keep the card in place and if i had to make 3d-prints i might as well make a slot for the CF card.
So, the internal one has the cf card mounted deeper, allowing you to put the original slot cover back in place. But is only compatible with T1100+, T1200 and T1600.
The "external" one has a 3d-printed slot cover and is compatible with every model (including T1100+, T1200 and T1600)

The last picture in my post has 2 T1200's on top of each other, with one of each installed "internal" & "external"

I would be interested to know which CF card connector you use, and if it has an EAGLE footprint?
Can you share? thx

XTide CF adapter card for Toshiba laptops.

This card makes it easy to add, expand or replace the storage on your Toshiba laptop.

You can use an installed CF card as if it were your main hard disk and boot from it, install dos, windows or any other programs onto it.

You could also use this together with an already installed hard disk to expand the storage and making file transfers easy.

If you have a portable like the T3200sx(c) or T5200(c) that only supports Conner IDE drives, this card also enables you to add any other IDE drive internally.

This board is based on Lo-tech’s XT-CF-lite design and made to fit inside of the proprietary Toshiba expansion slot.

Compatible laptops are:

T1100 PLUS

T1200

T1600

T2100

T3100 (E)(sx)

T3200sx(c)

T5100

T5200(c)

And probably some of the Japanese models J-3100… not sure which ones have the expansion slot.

There are 2 versions of the card, one with a 3d printed back panel mount and one without.

INTERNAL: card without back panel, has the advantage of being hidden and making the machine look “stock”. But it’s only compatible with the T1100+, T1200 and T1600. The other Toshiba’s require the card being mounted to the back panel to keep it in place.

EXTERNAL: card with 3d printed back panel, has the advantage of making the CF card easily accessible trough a slot in the back panel. And it is compatible with all Toshiba portables with the expansion slot.

Please specify which version of the card you want, internal or external.

You can purchase a fully assembled board from me, or a kit with all parts included.

Assembled €37
Kit €27
You can buy one from me trough DM or on my eBay page, https://www.ebay.com/usr/conventionalmemories
Shipping from Belgium, ask me for a shipping quote.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Extra info, If you want to re-program the card yourself:

The design is based on Lo-tech’s XT-CF-lite board with fixed IO and ROM addresses (300h - 31Fh, 32KB at C800h).

Programming is done with Lo-tech’s XT-CF flash utility: https://www.lo-tech.co.uk/wiki/Lo-tech_XT-CF_flash_utility

Editing the configuration file can be done with XTIDECGF.COM.

Hi, this looks fantastic do you have any left? I would be very keen to get one for my T3100/20

So is this just the IDE card not the 4 in 1 that also has SB compatibility? Both are cool ideas but the issue for me is that installing this prevents uses of the expansion box. Now if someone could keep expansion function and add the other stuff it would be fantastic. Of course if wishes were horses.... :biggrin:

Hi, have You in stock this xtide cf adapter card , I have the T3100e and i Want to buy one.
Thanks.

Hi, is this project still going on? Coul this be compatible with T1000SE? I guess any ISA card could bue connected there?

I bought one of these back in 2019 or so, just as a project to take my mind off things.

For some reason, this isn't working with my T3200SXC system. It's not being detected at all. I've tried multiple images (even the provided ones), and even switched out the flash chip. Is there something wrong with the BIOS in the system, or is there a fault with what I have?

Hi, is this project still going on? Coul this be compatible with T1000SE? I guess any ISA card could bue connected there?
ATM I don't have any more in stock, but there will be a next batch coming this summer. for more info: https://conventionalmemories.com/wiki_cm/3inONEder_for_Toshiba_portables#Where_to_buy?
I bought one of these back in 2019 or so, just as a project to take my mind off things.

For some reason, this isn't working with my T3200SXC system. It's not being detected at all. I've tried multiple images (even the provided ones), and even switched out the flash chip. Is there something wrong with the BIOS in the system, or is there a fault with what I have?
Sorry for the delay, I assume this is the older version of the board with only the CF card function? Was it a pre-assembled board or a kit?
What exactly is happening when you boot the laptop? do you get to the xtide boot screen?
For better support you can contact me at Conventionalmemories@gmail.com

Looking forward to these being available again, I would love to add hard drive functionality to the T1100 plus I just picked up.

I may have discovered a fault that I caused with my card. There are pins accidentally bridged with solder on the CF connector. I'll see if I can get those cleared.

I am really looking forward to trying to get one of these for my 1100plus.

Adding my voice here. Looking forward to have one on of those cards fro my t1100 plus

I purchased one in the past. To be honest I installed it but didn't configure it. I would be interested in one for my T5100 if they become available again.
I finally installed my purchased assembled card and started working with my Toshiba T5200.

I can't seem to get the correct settings.
At first it did see the CF dive but would not not boot from it. Read a little more and disabled the physical spinning drive in the BIOS but then could never get the CF-card to be seen again at all. Conventional Memories hasn't replied to any of my emails.

Also, a little disappointing is that they never posted all the standard configs for the Toshiba models.
ConventionaMemoriesToshibaConfigs.png

I haven't tried the Sound Card or NIC drivers yet.

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the wait, just wanted to let everyone know that I've started work on the next batch of expansion cards. I'm hoping to get them all ready and listed by the end of August.
Keep an eye on my website for availability: https://conventionalmemories.com/wiki_cm/3inONEder_for_Toshiba_portables
Also, a little disappointing is that they never posted all the standard configs for the Toshiba models.
I'm sorry I haven't posted them here. but you can find the files on my website, including a short explanation of each one here: https://conventionalmemories.com/wiki_cm/3inONEder_for_Toshiba_portables#Programming_the_XTide_bios.

Back