• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: 1988 Epson Apex XT-class 8088 Desktop, Monitor, and printer, all in original box

EPOHouston

Experienced Member
The desktop includes 512K of RAM, a CGA graphics card, a 360K 5.25" floppy drive, a 20MB Seagate MFM drive with DOS 3.3 loaded on it, a Logitech serial mouse with its controller card, and a 4.77/8 MHz 8088 CPU. The original keyboard is missing and is substituted with a 2003 Dell keyboard and hand assembled Arduino PS/2 to XT adapter.

The monitor is a CGA/Monochrome monitor with a switch on the back to alternate between modes. The monitor is about 12" inches in size, last I checked. The screen looks good, with no visible burn in.

The printer is an untested and uncleaned Apex 80. It was removed from the box when I got the computer, but I didn't clean it up like I did the desktop and monitor. It can print 180 characters per second (draft speed), 30 characters per second (near letter quality), and has 3K internal RAM. It is a 9 pin dot matrix, 80 column printer.

All of the boxes are intact with only a few damaged parts (corners, a couple of gouges, etc.). All of the packing foam appears intact. The desktop's motherboard has all new tantalum capacitors, as the originals had shorted. The monitor and desktop have been cleaned up.

Asking $500 for the whole set. Local pickup in Houston, Texas only, ZIP code 77077. I can upload pictures if requested.

Thanks for looking!

Sure! I didn't realize I hadn't added any pictures yet! Gimme a couple of days and I'll try to set everything up! Here are some pictures from a while back if those are good :)
https://www.facebook.com/Electronic...312273093240/3936303499760784/?type=3&theater

Oh my gosh!! That's the exact same model I got last year, Epson Apex 1001A-AB! Miraculously, mine also came to me with the monitor and printer and all the boxes! I had to supply my own keyboard though.

I see you added a hard drive to yours, so you must have also added a hard drive controller card. Your monitor screen is white; mine is monochrome green.

Incidentally, just this morning, someone pointed me to this article detailing how you can use the internal MGA card and then add a VGA and have dual-screen monochrome and VGA using all vintage hardware.

https://www.seasip.info/VintagePC/dualhead.html

Back