• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FOR SALE: GNT 3406 paper tape punch interest - UK Only

zippysticks

Veteran Member
Folks,

I have an opportunity to buy a number of (five) GNT 3406 paper tape punch units from a contact at a private company - they look like new in the photo but have been in storage for a while. They have previously been used to program old CNC machines.
Note that these are parallel port interface units and are pretty neat self loading 1" paper tape punches with a fancy smoked perspex from cover.

Right now I have no idea if any of them work so am gauging interest from the UK community in acquiring one from me before I take the plunge and grab the whole lot before they get scrapped.

Please register interest in this thread and/or PM me.

UK only I'm afraid as shipping anywhere else would be too expensive (including the rest of Europe because of the Brexit mess)

Thanks.

Here is the only photo I have:

SAM_0925-1.jpg

Link to Computer history stock photos/

Shame it's just a punch and not also a reader, those are groovy little machines.

I might still take one if they're reasonably priced, just because they look cool

Folks,

I have an opportunity to buy a number of (five) GNT 3406 paper tape punch units from a contact at a private company - they look like new in the photo but have been in storage for a while. They have previously been used to program old CNC machines.
Note that these are parallel port interface units and are pretty neat self loading 1" paper tape punches with a fancy smoked perspex from cover.

Right now I have no idea if any of them work so am gauging interest from the UK community in acquiring one from me before I take the plunge and grab the whole lot before they get scrapped.

Please register interest in this thread and/or PM me.

UK only I'm afraid as shipping anywhere else would be too expensive (including the rest of Europe because of the Brexit mess)

Thanks.

Here is the only photo I have:

View attachment 66059

Link to Computer history stock photos/

i would take on

It's one heck of a lot easier to get a reader than a punch. I've built them from total scratch as well as by hacking old industrial equipment.
What I have found is that GOOD Mylar tape is almost impossible to find and even cheap paper tape isn't as easy or cheap as it once was.

What you have here were, as we say (or used to say, anyway...) in the US, "Cadillac's" - the best quality when they were new. I'd be on this if it was in the UK.

Right - I now have these in my hands - they took longer to ship from Germany than I expected.

The units are smaller than I expected (19"*10"*8" - W/D/H) so quite easy to ship within mainland UK for £15.

The units are £100 each plus the shipping cost - or you are welcome to collect in C-19 safe way.

Back