• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Price check on IBM Personal Computer XT with working hard drive and floppy drive?

keenerb

Veteran Member
Got one I'm thinking about unloading. It's been a fun machine to tinker with but my heart is with Tandy...

If it's just the system unit, no keyboard and monitor, probably$100. Maybe a little more on ebay. If it's got an IBM model F keyboard, that's worth at least another $100 these days, sometimes a lot more on ebay. On original 5151, 5153, or 5154 monitor adds even more. I've seen broken 5154 monitors on ebay go for nearly $400.

I haven't actually pulled it apart to identify the specific cards, but it's got a parallel, serial, floppy, hard disk controller, and 640kb upgrade.

It's in fairly good condition, front case looks good, top and back has normal scratching/wear-and-tear.

It's got an IBM parallel port 128kb expansion with the 256k daughtercard, I'm having a little trouble digging up any info on that.

Last edited:
Pictures would help, but if it works and has 640k, then $100-$150 would be a fair price. Slightly more if it has a working hard drive (you mentioned the controller, but not if it had a drive).

I just sold a similar setup for $200 locally. 640K, working hard drive, one floppy. Only took a week or so to sell it.

I paid $100 for mine, it had a half height 5.25, a rare NEC CD drive dated 1988, a Covox voice card, a dead MFM controller, and a hard disk of some sort that I still have not accssed. No ram upgrade, 256k stock.

I’d say yours is worth closer to $200 tbh. Depends heavily upon area I think.

Back