• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTS: Pentium OverDrive 63MHz BOXPODP5V63 w/damaged box

EPOHouston

Experienced Member
This may actually be an unused processor, but I'm not sure.
The box is in bad shape but the antistatic box the CPU sits in is in great shape (except for the color, maybe, I'm not sure on that). The box is missing the manuals and diskettes, but they're not super important unless you're a collector or just want a complete set.

Pictures here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xBZGjS_fwqtK4_nxmZMnxEUGnfNDGoGs?usp=sharing

Looking to get $150, but I'll gladly take offers! :)

This may actually be an unused processor, but I'm not sure.
The box is in bad shape but the antistatic box the CPU sits in is in great shape (except for the color, maybe, I'm not sure on that). The box is missing the manuals and diskettes, but they're not super important unless you're a collector or just want a complete set.

Pictures here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xBZGjS_fwqtK4_nxmZMnxEUGnfNDGoGs?usp=sharing

Looking to get $150, but I'll gladly take offers! :)

Does it work? Have you put it on a motherboard to see if it P.O.S.T.s?

I paid $55 for a tested 83 MHz version last year. While they got more expensive it seems, you are asking more than ebay prices are for the faster 83 MHz version. And it's not even tested. Saying: " This may actually be an unused processor, but I'm not sure", shows that you are not even sure what you are selling. Good look. :)

And no, that box is worth nothing, since it's beaten and missing all contents.

Does it work? Have you put it on a motherboard to see if it P.O.S.T.s?

I have not tested it, but if you could assure me the anti-static plastic has previously been opened, I'd be very happy to test it.

I paid $55 for a tested 83 MHz version last year. While they got more expensive it seems, you are asking more than ebay prices are for the faster 83 MHz version. And it's not even tested. Saying: " This may actually be an unused processor, but I'm not sure", shows that you are not even sure what you are selling. Good look. :)

And no, that box is worth nothing, since it's beaten and missing all contents.

The 63 MHz model only sold for a few months before being replaced by the more popular 83 MHz one. The 63 MHz is much rarer from what I could find. I know very well what it is. The only reason I mentioned the box is because the CPU looks unused (or at most lightly used), and the box still being present adds some credit to that. And again, if someone can assure me the anti-static plastic has been opened, I'll test it. Hell, I may sell a full motherboard with it if it works. The only reason I said "it may be unused, but I'm not sure" is because I didn't own one when they were new, and I have no clue how they were packaged, and so I can't tell if it's still new in the box or not.

Is the 63MHz version really more desirable to collectors than the 83MHz variant? I'd happily trade my tested and working 63 for an 83

Is the 63MHz version really more desirable to collectors than the 83MHz variant? I'd happily trade my tested and working 63 for an 83

Well there are collectors who want the rarities and users who want the fastest. I have a box with all kinds of 486 SX chips I would not bother to use in my machines but they are nice to collect.

Back