• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Grandma’s got a big TI-99/4a lot for sale in Wisconsin.

ArthurDent

Hey all. First post here. I just joined these forums, hoping you all might have some interest or insight!

I’ve recently been tasked with helping clear out the computer equipment from my wife’s grandmother’s basement. In the 80s she worked for TI and has a pretty large collection of TI-99/4a stuff.

I’ll fully inventory it soon, but off the top of my head it includes: a ton of books, old computing magazines, TI ads, 2 consoles, joysticks, speech converters, 2 expansion modules (one new in box), a bunch of cartridges and cassettes, and a boatload of power cables. It all worked when stored away in boxes in a dry basement. Do I need to start it all up before selling? I’d have to source a display i think. Also available is a collection of vintage Lotus and misc Windows software new in shrink.

I’d love to unload it as a lot, making it easier for me and a good deal for whoever grabs it. It would also be amazing to avoid shipping, but I know that’s tricky (I live near Appleton, WI). I wasn’t sure where to start, so I’m starting here, asking you for advice. Thank you in advance for any advice!

Worked for TI? Then there might be a chance there is some uncommon stuff mixed in there.

You don't have to test stuff, but something shown working may increase interest.

Where about on the planet is this located?

Hi,

I’m in Madison and would love to check out the lot. My parents, and grandparents were also TI 99/4a aficionados. Back in the 80’s they lived in New London and were members of the Appleton TI club. I’ve inherited most of their old TI stuff. Somewhere I even have meeting minutes from their club meetings. I think it’d be neat to add more to the collection especially if it has a good story to go with it.

Back