• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple Lisa Widget Hard Drive (Parts)

RadRacer203

Veteran Member
Selling the original Widget hard drive from my Lisa 2/10 or will part out. Drive booted perfectly but only once. Mechanically it's pretty ruined, one of the worst sounding drives I've ever heard but all of the boards should be perfectly usable. No idea what to ask, if anything.

A Widget that hasn't run for a while can often sound pretty terrible.

No wait, I mean: that widget is in really bad shape! Please pack it up really well and send it to me in London. I will gladly cover shipping.

(Try letting it run for a while and see what happens with the sound. You may be pleasantly surprised. Sure, it could also wreck itself, but you were going to part it out anyway. Either way, treat it with care --- degraded glue means that a jar could detach the optical track gauge inside, and then, yes, your drive is no longer functional.)

No, I've had bad hard drives come back but there's no saving the mechanicals in this one, clicks really loudly occasionally, and sounds kind of like stuff is bouncing around inside

I'd be curious to hear it if you felt like making a recording! Of course, a Widget is supposed to click: just once though, when it spins up and disengages the head brake. I wonder if it could be clicking multiple times because the servo board is resetting itself and occasionally toggling the brake. No theory for the bouncing debris sounds, though.

Love that video. Please don't ever delete it. Reminds me of the sound from my favorite coffee cream frother. LOL

can you send me a photo. I actually lost a Lisa h/d, don't ask me how. Unless it's still hidden in my junk somewhere. Can't see how it could be though. I won't offer much if it totally shot. At least I'd have the box.

Did you or your friend ever find those Dimension disks?

can you send me a photo. I actually lost a Lisa h/d, don't ask me how. Unless it's still hidden in my junk somewhere. Can't see how it could be though. I won't offer much if it totally shot. At least I'd have the box.

Did you or your friend ever find those Dimension disks?

It's just the internal Widget drive, not the Profile external one if that's what you mean by having the box. Just the drive itself with its accompanying boards.

Long story on those Dimension disks, never did find them again unfortunately...

Back