• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Free (Buyer Pays Shipping) Vintage Computers for Parts/Repair

Dubis7

Experienced Member
Hi all,

Since I've been collecting I've acquired a few computer pieces that I would consider unsellable, or at least not worth the time it would take to sell them. I'm looking to get rid of them and gain some space back.

I was going to just throw them out, but I figured someone may want some parts or have the time and willingness on their hands to get them working again. I have plenty of boxes lying around (I'd like to get rid of those as well) so I'm willing to ship anywhere within the continental USA. Just cover my shipping costs and you can have them.

This is a rolling thing I plan to add more to as I clean out. I've created an Imgur album here: https://imgur.com/a/lwE1ZYH

Right now I've got a heavily yellowed Coleco ADAM Printer and Coleco Adam main unit and keyboard. Pick your parts if you want something specific, I could separate the keyboard or data drives from the memory unit if someone wants just that. One of the little thumb tabs has broken off the printer and there's some epoxy on it from a previous repair attempt. Thumb tab is still present and I'll be sure to include that if you'd like to try your hand at fixing it. I think the printer is also missing another small panel off the the side of the paper tray, but that may turn up as I continue cleaning out my spares. If it does I'll be sure to update you.

Anyway let me know if you want any of this stuff. I'll post here when new items are added.

Added a few more:

Early style Commodore Datasette. Cosmetically it's in great shape, but it struggles to load tapes. I believe the Azimuth needs adjusting but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do that without completely disassembling the mechanism.

Texas Instruments acoustic coupler. Missing a power supply, and someone has sliced the original cable and tacked in a much longer connector.

VIC-1541 drive mechanism and logic board. Came out of a damaged cabinet that had a label reading "runs continuously" on it.

Atari 810 disk drive: No power supply, cabinet is yellowed and it's missing one of the feet and one of the spacers in the top. Something is rattling around inside.

I figure I'll give this a few weeks to let anyone who's interested reach out. I'm in no rush, just hoping to eventually clear out the space these are taking up.

Pending final shipment the Texas Instruments Acoustic Coupler is spoken for. The rest are still available.

The Atari 810 drive looks to be spoken for.

The Commodore datasette and VIC-1541 drive parts are still available if anyone wants them.

The Coleco Adam pieces are out the door. Atari 810 and TI modem are pending payment. Commodore Datasette and 1541 drive parts still available.

I added two new items:

- Apple Disk II drive. The cable has been cut and the case screws are missing.

- Commodore 1525 printer. Did not work when I tested it (locked the whole system up) and the main drive spring is broken (may be missing now. I have to double check).

Let me know if you'd like any of that. It's yours for shipping.

Datasette and 1541 parts are being held pending shipping payment, as is the TI Modem. 1525 printer is still available if anyone wants it!

Everything except the VIC 1525 is gone! I'll hold onto the 1525 for awhile but it's eventually getting stripped for parts and will be mostly trashed unless someone wants it.

Just added something new! I've got a PC compatible power supply pulled from an old parts machine. No way I'm ever gonna use this. It worked the last time I checked. Let me know if you're interested and it's yours for shipping!

Here's the picture thread: https://imgur.com/a/lwE1ZYH

Hi, do you have a rough idea of the weight of the 1525?
I may be interested if shipping isn't too high. Thanks!

Apologies, just saw this. I'll grab an estimate in the next day or so and get back to you.

No problem at all, whenever you get a chance. Incidentally, I could probably use that power supply for an XT clone build as well. If you don't mind getting the weight for that one as well, that would be useful. Thanks!

Okay, so here's the weight estimates once I get padding in:

Power supply: 7 lbs

1525: 15 lbs

I also checked and the 1525 is missing the main spring for the print head mechanism, so it's only useful for parts unless someone wants to go to the trouble of sourcing or building a replacement.

If you're interested in either feel free to send a DM! Once I have your ZIP code I could send a cost estimate.

Back