• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

PC Magazine collection available

hxk

I have a collection of PC Magazines starting with the 1st issue thru current issue(may be missing a few). Any interest in some or all???? Make an offer.

Where are you located?

Magazines can be expensive to ship (especially PC Mag which broke 10 lbs on some issues! :)) so a local buyer might be more interested.

I'm sure there will be interest, though!

Erik

For those locals that may be interested.... I am located in the Raleigh, NC rea

What years are covered in that collection?

I have a bunch of PC Computing magazines from 1990-93 I like looking at (especialy the esoteric hardware adds).

How much are you asking, or are you just looking to get them a new home?

PC Magazine collection available

My collection starts with the Charter Issue, Vol. 1 No. 1 thru vol.1 No. 12
- Vol. 2 no. 1 - no. 7 (June 1983-dec. 1983)...that's all there is for that vol.
- Vol. 3 no. 1 - 25 1984 all issues
- Vol. 4 no. 1 - 25 1985 all issues
- Vol. 5 no. 1 - 26 1986 all issues
- Vol. 6 no. 1 - 17, 19-22 1987
- Vol. 7 1988 thru Vol. 11 1992 all issues
- Vol. 12 no. 1 - 7, 12-22 1993
- Vol. 13 1994 - vol. 18 1999 all issues
I hadn't thought about the problems and cost of shipping these when I put this post on... I think Erik is right, I need to find a local buyer.... or someone who wants to fill in their collection and only needs/wants a few issues. I was thinking that I would want $1.00 an issue when buying a quantity ( not just 1st 2 years and special issues) and would go lower and include 1st 2 years and special issues for buying all.

I've had some good luck shipping magazines via USPS Media Mail.

There is a restriction on advertising in that type of package but I've had some postal workers indicate that the restriction only applies to current advertising. Others think it applies to all.

I just take my sealed brown box down to the PO and tell them I am sending a media mail parcel from here to there. When they ask about the contents I tell them it's "Media Mail" which usually works.

Good luck!

Erik

Re cost of shipping magazines

Re cost of shipping magazines

I have sold at least 500 vintage computer magazines via Ebay. This included the first year to the first three years of literally dozens of magazines. (I'm sorry I sold them now, but aint it always thus?) I shipped two thirds to three quarters of them via Media Mail and had nothing but praise from satisfied customers, primarily because I went to te trouble of packagineg them right. Some of those customers have become friends, and we communicate frequently. I see people pan Ebay constantly but in over 500 auctions I have had not a sinle problem that was not resolved happily and quickly, hd I have never had a dishonest bidder or seller.
Ray

PC Magazine collection

PC Magazine collection

These magazines are no longer available.
:D I want to thank everyone for their helpful comments.... they were very much appreciated.

Back