• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

PDP 11/23 and 34 with collection

Qbus

Veteran Member
Figure every six months or once a year I will beat the drum about selling off the DEC collection. Not that I am thru with vintage computers but not getting any younger and would consider selling off all the DEC stuff in one huge sweep. It’s a lot of money but you receive a lot of value.
What you receive would be my 11/34 system with two RL drives (RL-01 and 02) in a DEC rack all set up and working with a VT-100 terminal, a 11/23 set up in larger DEC rack with RL drive and CDC 9 track tape drive, several RL disk packs including RT-11 operating system and diagnostics disks, huge amount of documentation and the like.
In addition to this you also receive the contents of the storage building that includes spare card sets for both systems, another spare 11/34 along with three or four RL parts drives, a RX-02 drive that I use to have on the 11/23, at least one other spare 11/23 working card set and a spare DEC rack. Will also throw in a Micro Vax 2 system with a lot of stuff for that.
There are lots of videos that I did with the systems on YouTube, Start with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWnjuLS6jxI

For the 11/23 with the CDC drive and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a7PeIzesWU

For the 11/34

The DEC hardware is still fun to play with but floor space is at a premium in the workshop and for the right money would be willing to sell off the entire collection at one time. Have no interest in selling things off one by one or with dealing with eBay and all the aggravation of shipping a truck load of stuff.
I am pricing this all for $7,500.00 or maybe less to the right person with the understanding that I will not be shipping all this under any circumstances. But remember that will include time spent with whoever may buy this in demonstrating and trying to explain what’s going on with all the hardware when you purchase it.
I am located just outside of Salisbury Maryland around two hours from Washington/Baltimore maybe four hours from Philadelphia.

Hello Qbus. I do not collect PDP items, but I do collect Data General Items. I noticed in one of your videos what looks to be a DG Rolm type computer. Just wondering if you happen to have any other DG items, like a DG 1200 or similar that you wanted to part with.

The Data General NOVA and Rolm stuff is the new drug of choice right now, that’s why I am considering selling off the DEC collection to make more room.

Back