• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TRADE: My NIB fischertechnik IBM interface for your Commodore64 interface

NoPizzaTonite

Experienced Member
Long shot here but thought I'd give it a shot

I have a NIB sealed fischertechnik interface/software for the IBM
(you may not be able to tell but the styrofoam is still factory sealed with cellophane around it)

I'm looking for the same set, but made for the Commodore64 - can trade mine or happy to buy

20210309_225044_resize.jpg 20210309_225122_resize.jpg 20210309_225157_resize.jpg

I have a crap ton of fischertechnik parts I acquired from a local auction years ago. I have about 4 or 5 of those interfaces you show in the pictures. How can I tell if one (or all) of them are for a Commodore vs IBM? I'll dig them out of my storage pile in the back room and include pictures if that will help.

I have a crap ton of fischertechnik parts I acquired from a local auction years ago. I have about 4 or 5 of those interfaces you show in the pictures. How can I tell if one (or all) of them are for a Commodore vs IBM? I'll dig them out of my storage pile in the back room and include pictures if that will help.

LOL - I only have the Robot Arm and Plotter kits but I can imagine how easy it would be to pile up a "crap ton" of parts LOL! That cracked me up.
The way to tell the interface you have is by looking at the controller where the cable attaches - the black plate has writing on it. If you look at my picture of the controller, you'll see that little plate where the cable attaches. At the bottom of it, it states "Interface IBM Personal Computer" - the C64 controller will state "Commodore".
The controller is basically the same for both. It's the cable and software that's different. :)
I actually have another loose IBM controller that I made a converter for the cable, so it works with the C64 - I have various versions of the software as well.
I was primarily looking for a boxed unit (not necessarily sealed, but with the proper C64 controller, manual and disk) to complement the other boxed IBM controller I have.

Not too hard to find in Europe, considering it's a hot bed for Commodore/Amiga fans, just hard to find someone there willing to let go of one or ship to the US :)

I'm still chuckling at the "crap ton" of Fischer parts you must have LOL! Thanks for the reply and the smile you brought to my face :)

Back