• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Dug out an old Zenith Z-19

Matt C

Hi all I am wondering what I could possibly sell an old Zenith z-19 Terminal for...
It posts with one beep so has power to the board, screen does not fire though.
What is one worth roughly in this condition?
If I try to repair is it worth alot more?
I have a few old computers and am just getting into the flow now, trying to decide what to sell and what to keep ^_^
Thx in advance

MC

Well. I don't know exactly what it could be worth down in your neck of the woods. Depending on the condition it could be a good convo piece for some people. They have that cool 70's look to them. Have any pictures?

Its hard to tell. The problem couold be simple or it could be hard to find/fix. If you pop the cover, can you see if the CRT filament is lit? If so, the high voltage section is probably fine. If not, the flyback transformer, diode, or CRT itself could be bad. I have two H-19s, and have had to work on both in the past. One lost the filament, but it was just a bad flyback diode.
Good luck.
Terry, N4TLF

Its hard to tell. The problem couold be simple or it could be hard to find/fix. If you pop the cover, can you see if the CRT filament is lit? If so, the high voltage section is probably fine. If not, the flyback transformer, diode, or CRT itself could be bad. I have two H-19s, and have had to work on both in the past. One lost the filament, but it was just a bad flyback diode.
Good luck.
Terry, N4TLF

Hi Terry,

Thats some great information there thankyou for that!
Its been awhile since I've got onto a soldering iron, not quite sure what a flyback transformer is....great you have two H-19s. They are only terminals right? Can you get any software onto them? Also what is the value of yours working?
Thanks again for the help :D :D :D

That "digital v1101" badge is hard to see if all you care for is the selling price. :D

Not that there's a lot to go by in eBay sold items, but ironically enough it kind of looks to me like a VT101 might be more desirable than a Z19.

(Once upon a time that'd make total sense because the VT101 is objectively a better terminal, but today, eh, a Z19 is certainly rarer?)

apologies there gentleman...I uploaded the wrong pictures of my VT 101
Im going through a collection of stuff that was going cheap at auctions I was gifted quite a few of these.....so again apologies I have so many pictures on my phone :rolleyes:
here are the correct Z-19 ones

1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg

I guess the Z19 not a frequently sold item, what about the VT 101?
I pretty much wanna get rid of them so I guess I will just auction them off on Ebay....... or is there a better option around anyone would know of?

Back