• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Lot of 89 IBM Model M keyboard keycaps

1944GPW

Veteran Member
For sale: Lot of 89 IBM Model M keycaps in fine condition, ultrasonically cleaned. Photo tells the story.
I don't have any Model M's anymore so these are surplus. I am not selling the keycaps separately at this stage, I would rather the lot went.
These are caps only, no stems or other bits.

The 12 MISSING keys are: Caps Lock, 1 x Shift, 2 x Alt, Space bar, Enter, Up Arrow, Right Arrow, Keypad 1, Keypad 0, Keypad -, Print Scrn.
There are loads of keycap sellers on eBay you ought to pick up these from, but they want up to $3/key plus postage.

Price for the lot is $200 USD and that includes tracked shipping, if available, from me (in Brisbane, Oz) to anywhere in the world (within reason).

Please ask questions or send me a PM if interested. Payment via PayPal please.
Thanks for looking!
IBM_Model_M_keycaps_reduced.jpg

BUMP
I still have these as shown, now $89 USD for the lot and includes postage to anywhere. That's $1 per cap! AND postage thrown in! Send me a PM for paypal details, and your address.

You are better off selling the keycaps individually, as no one will pay as much for an incomplete set of keycaps if you can get a broken (or sometimes even working) model m keyboard for the same price.

Just to give you an idea about how off your asking price is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/255104683566 (full keyboard with 9 caps missing - ended at $26)

Thanks Timo for an honest appreciation. I had considered selling them individually, but considering my location I'm a very long way from US / Europe or other northern hemisphere places. Thus the postage for one key would be completely outrageous as well as require a customs declaration for each one, and a trip to the post office each time, during work hours.

That's the reason why I'd like to sell the lot, and by including the postage reduces the hesitance factor for northern hemisphere folks (where most of the people reading this are) thinking where the heck are they coming from.

So - open to offers. Any Oz keyboard restorers, feel free to contact me.

Back