• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS/FT: Okidata Microline 172 Dot Matrix Printer

glitch

Veteran Member
Pictures:

This one works great EXCEPT it does have a broken tractor feed pin belt on the right hand side. Sheet feeding works just fine, though. I'd keep it myself if it weren't for the tractor feed issue. You can buy tractor feed assemblies on eBay that look like they'd swap in, but I have the Panasonic KX-1124P.

I've been through this printer and cleaned it up, it had some mechanical distortion from being dropped or something that resulted in intermittent print quality, but as you can see in the second image, it's been corrected. New/NOS Nu-Kote ribbon installed. This printer has both the Centronics and high-speed serial interfaces! You do have to physically remove the high speed serial interface to use Centronics.

Printer emulates the IBM Graphics Printer for graphical modes.

$25 + shipping, or best offer, or trade me something! Will ship international but it's probably not worth it.

Okidata dot-matrix printers, such as yours, were workhorses that rarely failed. This is a good deal, even with the issue that needs repaired. If I didn't already have an Okidata Microline 321 Turbo I would snap this up. I still use mine a few times a month to print out source code listings. Nothing beats a dot-matrix printer and fan-fold paper for source printouts in my opinion.

I still use mine a few times a month to print out source code listings. Nothing beats a dot-matrix printer and fan-fold paper for source printouts in my opinion.

For sure! I often run them on greenbar, especially if it's something that's poorly indented/formatted.

Back