• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Basement full of computers

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
From here:

I've got a basement full of old computers - probably around 150 in total - I had a computer store for 15 years, and started collecting, but now its time to let them go... I've got commodores, atari, coleco adam, morrow designs, apples, macs, ibm px, xt, at, pc jr, panasonic sr partner, columbia data products, osbornes, data general, kapros, sanyos, plus many, many more... Located in Pennsylvania, would like to sell the whole lot. Is anyone interested?

Let me know if you manage to get more info!

Do people make any money of of huge lots like this? I mean the guy isn't giving them away, you have transportation and storage costs plus the time and effort to test and clean each one to maximize ebay sales.

Sounds like he should either part the collection out (recycle what is left) or pay somebody to dispose of them.

Yep, nobody has that kind of money to grab the whole thing. Of course, if you lived 5 blocks away and had a still running Ford F-250 sitting around back....

Well, I've seen some collections in the 100 to 150 computer range (these were COMPLETE systems, of course) go for, in excess, of 40 grand on e-bay.

I'm sure that, as K said, unless they WERE a well taken care of collection, several months of cleaning, testing, matching components, taking pictures etc. would be required.

Could you imagine how long it would take to just work up the auction itself for a group of computers that size?

PA is one long state, I can get to PA in 20 minutes from here in Ohio, but the other side of the state would take me a long drive to get to.

People should post zipcodes or a city.

Located in Mt Joy, in Lancaster county

This is more of what he has:
Mindset, Mac Plus, Mac 128, Mac Classic, Amiga 4000, Next System, Amiga 500, Amiga 1000, Commodore 128, Commodore 16, at least 5-Osbornes, several Commodore SX64, Misc. Commordore printers, Morrow Designs, Corona Data System, Comqac, Apple III, Apple IIe, many other laptops - toshiba, zenith, acer, etc... many printers, monitors, software, etc, etc... much to much to list all... Mostly all working, but no guarantee on anything...

More than what I'm looking for. I would love one of the Amigas, or osbornes, but that would be all I'm interested in. He is looking to unload the whole thing at once.

Last edited:
292 miles from me, no way I am even thinking about going there.
An Amiga 4000 or 1000 would be kind of neat.

You could allways offer a crazy small amount and divide up the stuff you don't want and recycle the rest. That is if you don't mind taking a day loading all this stuff into a uhaul.

I get the feeling it is all headed to the trash anyway, nobody is going to pay much for all of that.

So what we need is for someone in Kansas to take the whole load and then part it out to use around the rest of the states lol.

Man, when is someone in Texas going to dump their collection. That way I can only drive 10 hours somewhere and get some cool stuff.

If I was anywhere under 6 hours I'd go there (for those of you posting an hour and change away).. of course I'm not 100% sure where I'd put it all right now but you have to prioritize. 1. Get cool stuff. 2. figure out where to put/hide cool stuff. 3. play with cool stuff. ... goto 1

Computer stuff

Computer stuff

Hi Everyone,

I email him and he said to contact thru is email.
He just looking for a fair price!

Bobby

Very few people are in a position to take that much stuff at once, so unless some heavy hitter shows up and decides he wants an "instant collection", it's not going anywhere. Especially since it all looks to be common stuff that people are still giving away.

Id take the C128 if he'd consider parting out the collection, which is probably his best bet for getting rid of any of it ;)

I looked through the tread but didn't see any contact information for this person. How do I email him?? JDT, I hope he's got more than one C128:D

Nathan

I looked through the tread but didn't see any contact information for this person. How do I email him??

Follow the link in the inital post and look for the entry I posted. His email address is attached to that entry. . . :)

I agree with everyone here, it is going to be hard to sell the whole lot at once. I would sell everything individually. I live in a small apartment in Minnesota and just don't have the room for it all.
Let me know if you would ever sell your Coleco Adam stuff and if you have it an Apple IIc or a Vtec 128(IIc clone) system instead of a whole lot. As a kid I really wanted both of these systems bad but never got them.

Back