• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Free/Trade: VLB Video & I/O Cards

Super-Slasher

Experienced Member
Long story short, I got a ton of VLB cards from a recent computer store raid. They appear to be in good shape, but I am unable to test them, so that means they are all being sold AS IS. Will give for price of shipping.

The majority are S3 video cards and Goldstar I/O cards (IDE, floppy, parallel, serial, and game port connectors). Will sell vid cards and I/O card seperately (that is, vid cards in one box and I/O cards in other box). If I had to make a guess, there's about 30 or so of each.

I won't hold onto them long because I lack storage space - something I never would have seen happen to me, hehe. If you want them, say so! I'll keep 'em for about a week...

If you have a working 486 mobo and processor (preferably DX4 or faster) I'd like to know if you'd trade or not. Thanks.

Terry Yager said:
Unknown_K said:
Any of the cards from matrox, or any exotic 4mb cards in the bunch?

Shouldn't you be inquiring if any of them have 256 x 4 20-pin ram chips? Pretty likely some of them do. D'ya still need some?

--T

Yes I still need some. Only found a 256k vga card to trade for that isa one you had with 8 chips.

Any of those cards have 4x256k 20 pin dips DRAM in them (socketed versions)? I could use a bunch for my amiga , and it sounds like you just want to get rid of them anyway

Super-Slasher said:
Nope, no of these cards listed have any additional memory modeules on them. And I just used every one of my 20-pin'ers for my 286 server. It's got 2MB now, yay!

Is your mobo socketed for 1Mb x 8 18-pin drams? (A lot of old boards are). Got a bunch of them.

--T

My mistake, my 286 server mobo doesn't take 20-pin'ers. I'd have to double check, but I think it takes 16-pin'ers. Either way, I have two banks of 1024K chips in it now, giving me a grand total of 2MB of available memory.

This same mobo has the option for having a pairity check for the RAM and there are some extra RAM sockets still left to fill, but I am not sure exactly what type of RAM chips I would need to make the banks pairity.

Are there chips larger than 1024K? It would be interesting to have the max. addressable amount of RAM on an 80286 system (16MB) in pure DIP RAM chip form. On another 286 server motherboard I have, it appears to have 4 available banks to put memory onto. (4 banks of 4MB chips?)

Unknown_K said:
Any of those cards have 4x256k 20 pin dips DRAM in them (socketed versions)? I could use a bunch for my amiga , and it sounds like you just want to get rid of them anyway

Actually, now that I think about it/remember, I took the RAM chips off of a ton of old 486 mobos. Literally a pile of 256K chips and I'm sure the majority of them are 20-pin'ers! I'll check again tonite for you, and if they are and you still want them, I'll send them to you for the price of postage.

If they are 20 pin chips post the model numbers and I will check it out. I never seen a 486 with dram on board, just sram cache chips (8 chips are 256k total for cache, my chips are 8 chips = 1mb).

Back