• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Kaypro Users:

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Sacrificing my hard-won stack of ProFiles Magazines (Subtitled: The Magazine For Kaypro Users). Includes 36 unique issues ranging from 1984 - 1988. All are in good to excellent condition, well-stored, no fading, yellowing, curling, worm holes, rat droppings, roach burns, or funny smells. All pages and covers are bright and crisp, although a couple show some signs of wear or minor damage. There are also mailing labels on some of the covers. Asking $35.00 + 10.00 for Priority Mail Flat-Rate shipping. (Less than $1.00 each, what a steal).

The list:

January / February, 1984
July / August, 1984
September, 1984
December, 1984 / January, 1985
September, 1985
October, 1985 (small rip on rear cover)
December, 1985
February, 1986
March, 1986
April, 1986
May, 1986
June, 1986
July, 1986
August, 1986
September, 1986
October, 1986
November, 1986
December, 1986 / January, 1987
February, 1987
March, 1987
April, 1987
May, 1987
June, 1987
July, 1987
August, 1987
September, 1987
October, 1987
February, 1988
March, 1988
April, 1988
May, 1988
June, 1988
July, 1988
August, 1988
September, 1988
October / November, 1988

I'd appreciate if someone takes all, but if only a few are wanted, mebbe we can work sum'n out.

Please reply via PM.

--T

My reply on your ProFiles

My reply on your ProFiles

Terry,

They certainly are valuable to those seriously interested in Kaypros and the price is certainly right.

Media Mail is much cheaper if you do not know of it. The Post Office can confirm the rates but roughly several pounds for only a few dollars.

I got rid of my collection several years ago to the trash as part of our necessary downsizing in our retirement years. Just can't keep it all forever!

I will alert those who are interested in buying my 6 Kaypro "8" 's in April / May on eBay and others who contact me.

You could also consider donating them to some people and organizations that are trying to preserve some of this documentation on older computers, possibly to scan them and offer them as downloads.

I am developing a list to post on various websites I have found of those sites of special interest to the Kaypro crowd and those who like older computers.

www.digibarn.com and Dave at www.classiccmp.org [but he is getting rid of some of his stuff too] are the best bets I know of right now.

All the best!

Frank

Yeah, I thought the price was right, since I paid more than $1.00ea for nearly every one of them. (The cover price when new was $3.50, btw). It won't break my heart to have to keep 'em. I only offer them now because, as usual, there's too much month left at the end of the money. The offer may be withdrawn if not taken before da Eagle sh!ts on the first.

As for Media Mail, the P.O. doesn't allow magazines, because they contain advertizing (even if the ads are >20 years out-of-date).

--T

Last edited:
As for Media Mail, the P.O. doesn't allow magazines, because they contain advertizing (even if the ads are >20 years out-of-date).

Not that I am promoting anything TOO illegal, but you could just say it is books, manuals, and/or floppy disks...

--Ryan

OK - still got a few holes...
Oct - Nov 1984
Feb - May 1985
Nov 1985
Jan 1986
Oct 1987
Dec 1987

Nothing after the Oct/Nov 1988 issue.
Anyone know how long ProFiles was published?

I do have a dupe December/January 1984/1985 issue, if anyone needs one.

T

AFAIK, they started in '84 and went down in '89. Google is (of course) no help in this matter. They were not a house-organ for Kaypro, but as close as you could come, while remaining independant. For awhile, the purchase of a Kaypro included a year's subscription (on Kaypro's nickle). All I know is that they are very hard to find these days. Good luck filling-out the rest of the collection (I've been working on it for over ten years, just to aquire that many).

--T

Back