• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

VAX 4000 in SF200 Rack for trade

hharte

Hi,

I have a VAX 4000/300 with 96MB RAM if I remember correctly, installed in a DEC SF-200 rack (about 5-ft tall standard 19" rack) with side panels, rear panel, and door. The 4000 was originally in a pedistal chassis (the BA400 series) but I threw away the plastic and rack mounted it. There are a few 3.5" DSSI drives in 4000, 600 or so MB each I believe. There are also two bays of 5.25" DSSI drives that were part of the SF-200. There are probably RF-71 or RF-72 drives. I think there are six of those drives. In addition, there is a TF-857 7-tape DLT autoloader. I don't have the proper cables to connect the TF-857 or the 5.25" DSSI drives to the VAX 4000, so those haven't been tested. The 4000 boots VMS 6.1.

I would consider trading for any UNIBUS equipment/cards. The rack probably weighs at least 300-400lbs, so you should be able to come pick this unit up from the Bay Area, CA.

Thanks,
Howard

Back