• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Composite monitor wanted

framer

Veteran Member
But not just anyone. Small, white case, prefer amber but green will do if the right size and workd good. A Tandy VM-2 is an example. It will be sitting on top of a 12 1/2 inch wide case. Years ago I had a Amdek monitor but I don't remember the model number. Please PM me with info and or photo if you have something to sell me. Thanks

framer

I've been looking for months for the right look, size and really wanting an amber screen. Today I search eBay new listing in vintage computers and up popped the perfect one. I do hope, knocking on wood, works. It was a bargain IMHO. Total time listed was about a minute before I bought it.

I've been looking for months for the right look, size and really wanting an amber screen. Today I search eBay new listing in vintage computers and up popped the perfect one. I do hope, knocking on wood, works. It was a bargain IMHO. Total time listed was about a minute before I bought it.

You did very well finding a compact Amber VDU, what model was it ? I got desperate for this sort of thing too and ended up having to make my own using the IBM5155 VDU:

https://www.worldphaco.com/uploads/THE_AMBER_COMPUTER_VDU_PROJECT.pdf

I hope I do this right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274881276929?nma=true&si=AF0AHdm5an44dDGZ%252FfNMuCOvrXw%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This is what I got. I've also located a rebuilt kit for only $
11.00 if needed. I'll probably get that even if not needed now but for future use. This monitor being 12" should be 11" opening making the case around 12" wide. I want to use it on top of a Tandy Model 100 DVI case, 12 1/2 inch wide. If I run into a Tandy VM-2 in the future at a fair price I'd jump on that also.

Back