• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: ISA Multi I/O card

GiGaBiTe

Veteran Member
I have a strange 386 motherboard with an IBM 486SLC2 @ 50/66 MHz, and I need a multi I/O card for it with at minimum IDE, Floppy and one serial port.

I do currently have an ISA multi I/O card, but it doesn't like the speed the ISA bus is running at. I have two BIOS chips for the board, the original MR. BIOS, which runs the ISA bus at 8.25 MHz; And a "not entirely compatible" AMI BIOS, which runs the ISA bus at 6.25 MHz. The Multi I/O card will work with the latter AMI BIOS installed, but the BIOS can't detect more than 1 MB of RAM, and it only runs the CPU at 25 or 33 MHz.

While the board does have VLB slots, it'd probably be best to use a 16 bit ISA card. I'm not really after speed, just need something that works with the faster ISA bus.

Something doesn't add up here. Any ISA card made after ~1986-7 should handle 8.25MHz bus speed no problem

Something doesn't add up here. Any ISA card made after ~1986-7 should handle 8.25MHz bus speed no problem

This Super I/O card was made before that time. It has no P/N, but the Winbond Super I/O chips' datasheet talks about being designed for use with XT/AT systems, which is well before 1987/88.

Back