• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: a few 9-track tapes

bolex

Experienced Member
I've recently added a 9-track tape drive to my collection of devices. It's the first time I've ever dealt with 9-track tape so I'm just learning a few basics. I really want to try extracting data from tapes from different sources. I just have one tape and I've used it for some initial testing, but it would be great to have tapes from other systems to see what they look like. If you have a few tapes that you know has data on them that you can part with, I would really appreciate picking a few up.

The drive I have only supports 1600 and 6250 densities.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you're interested in paying shipping from Toronto, there's a fellow who posted almost 30 tapes FTGH on cctalk. My rule of thumb is that a box of 10 weigh in around 25 lbs.

I found some local that I picked up pretty cheap. I appreciate the heads up though.

Back