• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for a PA-8900 CPU for my rp3440

Denniske1976

Experienced Member
Hi guys, I 'm looking for a 2nd CPU for my rp3440 server... would be nice to max it out. It currently has 1 CPU: a PA-8900 @ 1.0GHz with 64MB cache (HP part#: AB535-62001). Been checking eBay and prices there are crazy if I can even find one (most is the 800Mhz PA8800). So if anyone here happens to have one of these they might wanna sell? BTW: Based in Holland, just FYI ;-)

Thanks and all the best! Dennis

eBay, actually. Someone in Poland had one for sale but the description was a bit vague. Luckily the HP part number was in the description and it said "cooler, fan, power board, cpu" so for the 50 euros I took it, hoping it would be what it needed to be... and it was :)

Yeah I had to, somehow a server that's SMP capable with one CPU socket not populated doesn't sit right with me ;-) My rx2660 and rx3600 are also fully populated, as it's just the right thing to do...

Back