• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

XT Keyboard

VeryVon

Miner 2049'er
Staff member
Does anyone have an extra XT compatible keyboard for sale or trade? I've checked the regular places but you know it's highway robbery out there on the street these days.

I got this lovely IBM XT from Alex / Eon (spelling? sorry dude) at Festivus. And yea I'm a total newbie because I have no such keyboard in my stuff here. Bart

As the guy who designed and wrote the firmware for those 8 pin PIC converters, the one with the USB interface had me a little baffled, as the PIC12F675 doesn't have any provision for USB host interfacing (nor does it have enough memory). Then I remembered that some USB keyboards could do either PS2 or USB communication. But that's "some", not all.

Another option might be to use one of those surplus (sometimes go for as little as $4) wireless IBM iPoint keyboards (I've got a stack of them) and a Blue Pill with IR receiver (both cheap). I use a couple of those for PS/2 interfacing, but there's no reason that the firmware couldn't be rewritten to do XT keyboard interfacing.

Back