• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: decent 2mb VLB card, 4MB 30 pin ram sticks, 256 pc100 LOW DENSITY ram

oblivion

Veteran Member
ok, first off looking to upgrade my 486 pc. i have a 512 or possibly 1mb trident vlb card right now and although its ok i would love to throw in at least a decent 2mb vlb card. also i would like to max the ram, my mb can handle 32mb but only useing 4mb 30 pin ram sticks.

second i'm working on maxing the ram in a win98 pc i'm working on but its very picky about ram so i need at least 2 256mb pc100 LOW DENSITY sticks, emphasis on low density as high density sticks will not work.

thanks!

forgot, also need a 5 din to ps/2 adaptor for a keyboard

Last edited:
that card may work, do you know how many MB of ram are on it? possibly intrested in the mb/cpu/ram combo. any specifics cpu speed ram/max ram?

thanks

Alas, I only seem to have 1Mb 30pinn SIMMS. I don't have the PC100 you need, but just out of curiosity how does one tell if RAM is low density or high density?

Alas, I only seem to have 1Mb 30pinn SIMMS. I don't have the PC100 you need, but just out of curiosity how does one tell if RAM is low density or high density?

"usually" low density has 8 chips on BOTH sides or 16 chips. (9/18 if its ecc)

darn, i have a ton of 1mb chips but i'm haveing an insanly hard time getting a hold of 4mb chips.

and yhea, what lucky said about the ram

ok, first off looking to upgrade my 486 pc. i have a 512 or possibly 1mb trident vlb card right now and although its ok i would love to throw in at least a decent 2mb vlb card. also i would like to max the ram, my mb can handle 32mb but only useing 4mb 30 pin ram sticks.

second i'm working on maxing the ram in a win98 pc i'm working on but its very picky about ram so i need at least 2 256mb pc100 LOW DENSITY sticks, emphasis on low density as high density sticks will not work.

thanks!

forgot, also need a 5 din to ps/2 adaptor for a keyboard

What's the mobo type? Also, PC-100 comes in 144-pin SO DIMM (usually laptop) & 168-pin DIMM configurations.

What's the mobo type? Also, PC-100 comes in 144-pin SO DIMM (usually laptop) & 168-pin DIMM configurations.

i need 168 pin, its a dell dimension xp500T that i'm using as a win98 pc

the MB in my 486 is a ELITEGROUP COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. UM 486V AIO
http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/E/ELITEGROUP-COMPUTER-SYSTEMS-INC-486-UM-486V-AIO-122.html

right now its loaded with 8MB ram via 8X1mb sticks which is okay but i would love to max it out. also looking to upgrade the video card from that trident, i'm looking at a 2mb mach32 on ebay thats not to pricy but i don't know if those are decent cards for DOS gameing

Do you still need a VLB card? I have a Western Digital Corp VLBUS3300 card w/Paradise rom. The board has 2Mb ram installed and sockets for another 8Mb of ram. The card is missing the mounting bracket.

Do you still need a VLB card? I have a Western Digital Corp VLBUS3300 card w/Paradise rom. The board has 2Mb ram installed and sockets for another 8Mb of ram. The card is missing the mounting bracket.

yhep! sounds like a nice upgrade from my trident. i can probibly rip a bracket off one of the other cards i have. just send me a pm on how much you want

PC100 ram for win 98 pc found!

i still need 4MB 30 pin ram sticks and a decent VLB video card confirmed working with at least 2MB ram.

I've got quite a few VLB video cards that would meet your needs:

ALI 2228 2Mb dram
Chips 64300 2Mb dram, with 512kb cache - yes a video card with cache!!!
s3 805p 2Mb dram
ATI mach32 2mb dram
Diamond Viper 2Mb vram
Diamond stealth 64 video vram s3 968 with 2Mb or 4Mb vram. brand new! (this might just be THE fastest vlb video card)

Priced from $10+, send me a pm if you are interested in any...

Back