• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

wanted 386 Motherboard

I have a tam/40 p1 motherboard. It looks like this:
http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/A/AUVA-COMPUTER-INC-386-TAM33-P1-TAM40-P1.html

currently it is sitting in an anti-static bag equipped with a 40mhz AMD proc, a ULSI math-co, and 8x 1mb 30 pin simms. The battery has a little fuzz on it but still works perfectly. Its equipped with 64kb of cache, but will take up to 256kb.

if ANYONE is interested in the whole package, let me know.

(edit) the processor is socketed, even though the picture would leave you to believe otherwise.

A little fuzz today is a dead motherboard tomorrow. If you don't find someone to take if off your hands, you should pull that battery sooner, rather than later. i just had to scrap a thrift store 386 mobo because the battery went south and took the whole system with it. Fortunately the power supply, memory, and expansion cards were all in good shape, so I wasn't completely out four dollars. :D

When I said a "little" fuzz, this is what I meant:

That little speck of green is what I mean, the rest of that is dust. I got this board out of a plain cardboard box in a thrift store a month ago. When I fired it up it still had the correct time. (minus an hour tbh)

If your in the market for a 386, this one is pretty late model. Keep your eyes on ebay. in the next few days I'm going to stop being lazy and put it up on there. :p

What price range are you looking for? I tested the board I have, it's a unknown manufacturer, it has sis and chips for the chipset, tons of dip sockets, 8 simm sockets (2 have broken clips).
Currently it has 32 1meg 70ns dip rams installed for 4mb total. Cpu is a Intel A80386DX-33 IV Ceramic Package.

Here's a cell phone pic, where I'm running it on my bench, ATI vga card and a XT-IDE controller. (Just letting it run Arkanoid 2 in demo mode to burn in a little)

386t.jpg

later,
dabone

Last edited:
Back