• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple Lisa 2

Se87

Experienced Member
I'm looking for an Apple Lisa 2 (That is for parts and repair). I want to fix it myself, that is the most fun part of retro computing :D! I am paying 230 plus shipping, I can go higher.

Even a non-working Lisa 2 is worth a LOT more than $230. Think high three figures or low four figures.

Are you following me? You have posted on two of my topics already and I have no prior memories of you. And no I really don't know what "high three figures or low four figures" means. I have read that Lisa(s) were a lot cheaper before the "OMG STEVE JOBS APPLE II APPLE III APPLE LISA APPLE MACINTOSH LOOK" thing came after he died.

Are you following me? You have posted on two of my topics already and I have no prior memories of you. And no I really don't know what "high three figures or low four figures" means. I have read that Lisa(s) were a lot cheaper before the "OMG STEVE JOBS APPLE II APPLE III APPLE LISA APPLE MACINTOSH LOOK" thing came after he died.

You're being evasive, paranoid, and under the illusion that a Lisa is worth $230. So why wouldn't I "follow" you? Can't help it. It's like watching a car wreck on the highway.

Methinks the new guy has "issues"...

You're being evasive, paranoid, and under the illusion that a Lisa is worth $230. So why wouldn't I "follow" you? Can't help it. It's like watching a car wreck on the highway.

A car wreck on the highway? That's rather funny you saying that, considering everyone told Steve Jobs he would run Apple into the wall, they just about killed themselves without him. Let's hope they can learn from their mistakes this time.

May we remind you what an Apple Lisa goes for, and that's not even the Lisa 1.
That one is nonworking.

There aren't going to be any auctions anymore, especially the rarer items, without, "Steve Jobs MADE THIS ITEM HIMSELF!!!" and the prices are going to be much, much higher than your price range.

Heck, even just a panel is more than half of what you want to pay.
If someone wants to send you a Lisa, you're going to have to tell them what your shipping address is! Better study up.

Shall I remind you that listing has been on there for a year or so, maybe even two? Just because an item is at the right price doesn't mean you'll actually get a sell for it. I've offered the guy 500-600 for that Lisa, and he won't budge.

You should have said "I think the new guy has 'issues'."

I am quite rueful of machine passed up. I remember, before I liked old computers, I was pretty sure I saw a Lisa 1 with keyboard, mouse, and etc for $25-50 bucks. It was at one of those habitat for humanity places. I'd like to hear of a better thing to pass up. I am pretty sure it was recycled.

Just curious why would you suggest me being "paranoid"? Paranoid is someone who believes in conspiracy theories and such. For some reason I am having second thoughts about this being "A very meature and welcoming forum".

And we are welcoming. Post an introduction in the "Introductions" section of the forum.
Just immediately coming in and starting a debateable subject isn't quite the best way to start.

We all make mistakes, I was just joking on the typing error.

Why are you even attempting to tell me I have issues when you have your own to worry about?
Well, you did say that you
really don't know what "high three figures or low four figures" means
and your location says "I forgot"...

And BTW, 'methinks' doesn't mean "I think," but "it seems to me"...
me·thinks   [mi-thingks] verb (impersonal); past me·thought. Archaic, it seems to me.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Lisa, but if you're going to be rude you can expect to be treated in kind...

Well, you did say that you and your location says "I forgot"...

And BTW, 'methinks' doesn't mean "I think," but "it seems to me"...

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Lisa, but if you're going to be rude you can expect to be treated in kind...

I haven't been rude to you, I am perfectly fine with you. However, if you could say you are being "stalked" in a way, wouldn't you be rude?

Are you JOKING?!??!??! I lost a bid on a Lisa 2 by TWENTY DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back