• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: 2 x Pentium 3 Slot 1 800/100 FSB

I have a dual P2/P3 motherboard with 2 x 450's in it now (the last of the P2's), was looking for 2x 800's since that is supported officially. If I can't find slot 1's I might have to go with slockets and underclock some p3/1000/133's to 750/100 (if those CPUs work).

Careful with the slockets--some don't take to multiprocessor configurations without modification.

There are more than a few dual Slot 1 mobos on eBay right now.

I have a dual P2/P3 motherboard with 2 x 450's in it now (the last of the P2's), was looking for 2x 800's since that is supported officially. If I can't find slot 1's I might have to go with slockets and underclock some p3/1000/133's to 750/100 (if those CPUs work).

800 is an ODD speed for the "end of support". If memory serves me, 600 and 850 were the more physical limitations of Pentium 3 boards. If the board only supports 100fsb, its max speed should goto 850. unless its a VERY early P3 board. If the board supports 133fsb then 1ghz support should be expected with the possibility of using adapters and getting 1.4 tualatins.

Also, I do have a matched pair of SLOT 1000/133 processors. currently they just sit in a box, let me know.

Well I found a guy selling slot-1 700/100's for $9 each, will see if he has 2 of the same stepping. I have a dual GX (100FSB) chipset motherboard, was just looking for faster CPU's.

My point was that there are some sales on eBay that include the matched CPUs and the motherboard they go with--saves a lot of grief.

I run a couple of P3/1000/133 in a Supermicro 440GX board. They run fine at 750/100fsb. I can also run them at 900/120fsb also without problems. At 1000/133fsb (yes, I know the GX isn't rated for that, but it was very robust chipset), I need a heatsink on the northbridge. But the difference in performance between 750 and 1000MHz isn't enough to worry about.

Its just a hobby machine, want to stick my 3dlabs Wildcat 4000 AGP+PCI CAD card in it when I am done. 700's should be fast enough and they are cheap enough so I ordered two. Sure there are motherboards with CPU's installed but they tend to not be that cheap (with the 2 new CPUs and the GX motherboard I will have $30 total into this including shipping).

CPU's are here and installed (they kind of looked new, no dust at all and same stepping unlike the old ones).

Back