• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Televideo 950 Terminal Keyboard, or 925 keyboard

tomk864

I'm looking for a working Televideo 950 Terminal keyboard.
I think the 925 keyboard might be the same, but don't know for sure.

Not sure what such would be worth... $20 or $30?

feel free to email me.
thanks,
tomk

tekilbourn at hotmail.com

Good Luck

Televideo terminals and parts for them are pretty scarce. Surprising, since so many of them were made. Low supply probably signals that people are holding on to them, and still using them, in contrast to the scarcity of early Wyse 50 and Wyse 100 terminals which is more due to poor reliability, and low number of operable units.

If you can accept a Televideo compatible, and are not set on a actual Televideo terminal, there are lots of Wyse terminals, and companies that specialize in reconditioning terminals. Recently, I've been buying some new and used Wyse terminals terminal since they are easier to find than Televideo terminals (or the Ampex terminals that I actually prefer).

I got a couple of new Wyse displays components without keyboards, and it took me four tries (four purchases from four different Sellers) to actually receive keyboards that work.

If you can find some working Televideo keyboards, I'd expect the price to be higher than $20-$30 each. Be ready to pay $60-$70 or so. You can find complete working Wyse terminals for the same amount of money or less.

Thanks for the input. Appreciate the thoughts on value of keyboards.
It really needs to be a Televideo keyboard...

Any ideas on other places to look for such?
I've searched ebay....

thanks,
tomk

Back