• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 5154 monitor wanted

bjorn_and

Experienced Member
Hi!

IBM 5154 monitor wanted (and original IBM EGA adapter).

A monitor in very good condition or very good price anywhere in the world if the shipping cost is not crazy expensive ($100-$150 is acceptable).

Or better, a monitor in Europe.

An EGA card accompanying the monitor would be perfect.

/Björn

IBM 5154 for sale

IBM 5154 for sale

Hi!

IBM 5154 monitor wanted (and original IBM EGA adapter).

A monitor in very good condition or very good price anywhere in the world if the shipping cost is not crazy expensive ($100-$150 is acceptable).

Or better, a monitor in Europe.

An EGA card accompanying the monitor would be perfect.

/Björn

Hello, I have an IBM EGA 5154 in pretty good condition. I used it to test government drives. I haven't turned the unit on in 4 years but I'm sure it still works perfect. I even have the old keyboard that works with it. Email me back where the IBM EGA adapter is and I will check for it.

also, give me an idea on what you would pay for it and what country you're from because I get awesome Government Fed Ex International prices.

Thanks

Vince

Hi!

I'm on my way right now actually to look at a monitor.

However, I am a bit confused about what you are selling: did you mix up model numbers?

I'm interested in most IBM stuff: give me the correct model number and I'll see if it's something I might want.

/Björn

Hello, I have an IBM EGA 5154 in pretty good condition. I used it to test government drives. I haven't turned the unit on in 4 years but I'm sure it still works perfect. I even have the old keyboard that works with it. Email me back where the IBM EGA adapter is and I will check for it.

also, give me an idea on what you would pay for it and what country you're from because I get awesome Government Fed Ex International prices.

Thanks

Vince

However, I am a bit confused about what you are selling: did you mix up model numbers?

I'm interested in most IBM stuff: give me the correct model number and I'll see if it's something I might want.

/Björn

He has an IBM EGA monitor. Or at least that's what he says. If you have a 256K RAM EGA card, the monitor can display 16 colors from a palette of 64 with a resolution of 640×350 PELs (Picture ELements). The card, with or without the RAM daugherboard, can drive an MDA monitor also.

Sean

Reading Vince01's post, Vince equates IBM 5154 to a complete computer, not the monitor.
"used it to test government drives"
"I even have the old keyboard that works with it."

So either Vince01's post was not a genuine offer, or Vince01 took the 5154 on the monitor rear to be the model number of the complete computer.
Vince01 has since either PM'ed bjorn_and, or has 'disappeared'.

He hasn't pm'ed me. Looks a lot similar to that guy who started the thread "IBM 5150 for sale" some days ago. Weird. Can't understand the purpose of it.

Björn

Reading Vince01's post, Vince equates IBM 5154 to a complete computer, not the monitor.

So either Vince01's post was not a genuine offer, or Vince01 took the 5154 on the monitor rear to be the model number of the complete computer.

He hasn't pm'ed me. Looks a lot similar to that guy who started the thread "IBM 5150 for sale" some days ago. Weird. Can't understand the purpose of it. Björn
In some cases, the new (or newish) member may be a fraudster, and not knowledgeable in the field. They know that 'further discovery' by the prospective buyer will reveal a problem. So perhaps they place the post and hope that any prospective buyer will immediately come back with "How much do you want for it?"
If instead, the prospective buyer starts asking 'difficult to answer' questions, then the fraudster considers the situation to be a lost cause, and then 'disappears'.

This is going O.T. but I just saw one more guy in another thread posting something he has for sale which is related to what is being asked for but the poster has obviously no idea what he's talking about.

Stay on guard everyone.

Björn

He hasn't pm'ed me. Looks a lot similar to that guy who started the thread "IBM 5150 for sale" some days ago. Weird. Can't understand the purpose of it.

Björn

Heck, maybe it's a set up for a spam-bot. I've never figured the point of spam anyway.
I mean, how drunk do you have to be to click on something the promises you a young bride from Russia, or something to add a foot to your Johnson, or the secret trick to weight loss...
patscc

Or he's trying to trick people to pre-pay for non-existing items. But then it would be a good idea to at least tell where to send the money and reply to questions...

Björn

Heck, maybe it's a set up for a spam-bot. I've never figured the point of spam anyway.
I mean, how drunk do you have to be to click on something the promises you a young bride from Russia, or something to add a foot to your Johnson, or the secret trick to weight loss...
patscc

Or personalize it.
Code:
Hi, [b]bjorn_and[/b] i got yur name from a friend. She saif yu are BIG and strong, and must my child faterd have. Please pay me ¢¢$$ or i will Tell your wif.
patscc

patscc

Well sometimes it seems getting hold of a working IBM 5154 monitor might not be too far away from that category..

Haha, you may be right. I actually found one, but as you say, it's broken. But I have good hope of getting it working again.

I leave this thread open a while more if someone who I not a fraudster actually comes up with a working monitor just in case I can't get my current monitor fixed.

Björn

Well sometimes it seems getting hold of a working IBM 5154 monitor might not be too far away from that category..

Now how did I miss that? Have you seen BBCs "Sherlock"? I think you'd enjoy it because it's up to your level.

Sean

Back