• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Roland LAPC-I

Good luck :) You might want to try outside-the-box places, like foreign marketplaces (former member PeterNY bought several from marketplaats.nl) as well as Vogons and QuestStudios... there was one that closed yesterday on a european ebay for $293 USD. It was card-only. And didn't include the optional breakout box.

If you're not married ot the idea of having a Roland LAPC, you might want to consider an external MT-32, or if you're married to the idea of an internal card, one of the varieties with extra RAM which can be setup to hold the full Roland MT-32 LA synths (my memory is faulty, and I've never actually done it, but I want to say that the CT2800 and certain versions of the GUS could do this - there's probably several more as well)

I found one in Argentina, I bough it for a friend, and sold with no profit ($ 180 USD), it was complete (manuals, box, breakout box in box, etc). I always keep looking, but another never shows up. I bough it from a music studio. Try to look in japan, I buy midi modules from there.

Good luck :) You might want to try outside-the-box places, like foreign marketplaces (former member PeterNY bought several from marketplaats.nl) as well as Vogons and QuestStudios... there was one that closed yesterday on a european ebay for $293 USD. It was card-only. And didn't include the optional breakout box.

If you're not married ot the idea of having a Roland LAPC, you might want to consider an external MT-32, or if you're married to the idea of an internal card, one of the varieties with extra RAM which can be setup to hold the full Roland MT-32 LA synths (my memory is faulty, and I've never actually done it, but I want to say that the CT2800 and certain versions of the GUS could do this - there's probably several more as well)

Yes, I'm actually the one who bumped it up that high in price as my max bid (the one that was just on ebay), however I wasn't comfortable paying more than $300 as the card wasn't listed as *Tested working*. The seller said "it was working when I last used it" which is a slightly different context. If the seller did test it beforehand, I would have jacked up my bid a lot higher.

I'd prefer a LAPC-I as it provides better playback under DOS and games in general. Earlier MT-32s struggle with some tempos, and are more contoured for external music development. I also already own a JV-1080... so having the LAPC-I would provide a better alternative.

I'd prefer a LAPC-I as it provides better playback under DOS and games in general. Earlier MT-32s struggle with some tempos, and are more contoured for external music development. I also already own a JV-1080... so having the LAPC-I would provide a better alternative.
Well see, that depends. For games that were written using the original v1 MT-32, some of those take advantage of its bugs and don't sound proper when used with other compatible systems, including the LAPC-I. For games written with the v2 MT-32, they don't always sound correct with the v1 MT-32, but sound great with the LAPC-I and other variants.

Of course, there are usually software patches and workarounds for much of this, and short of the overflow error that the v1 MT-32's suffered from, none are really so cataclysmic that I couldn't live with them if I had to.

That said, I personally have both a v1 and v2 MT-32 as well as a LAPC-I. Mainly because I found a "good deal," picking up all three for less than the price that last LAPC-I sold for (and mine was boxed/complete with the breakout box, also boxed/complete, and tested/guaranteed by the seller - yeah, I kind've lucked up)

Well see, that depends. For games that were written using the original v1 MT-32, some of those take advantage of its bugs and don't sound proper when used with other compatible systems, including the LAPC-I. For games written with the v2 MT-32, they don't always sound correct with the v1 MT-32, but sound great with the LAPC-I and other variants.

Of course, there are usually software patches and workarounds for much of this, and short of the overflow error that the v1 MT-32's suffered from, none are really so cataclysmic that I couldn't live with them if I had to.

That said, I personally have both a v1 and v2 MT-32 as well as a LAPC-I. Mainly because I found a "good deal," picking up all three for less than the price that last LAPC-I sold for (and mine was boxed/complete with the breakout box, also boxed/complete, and tested/guaranteed by the seller - yeah, I kind've lucked up)

Yes I know a few people who easily got LAPC-Is for very cheap years back.
The MT-32s shouldn't be sold more than $50. If... over-excited individuals want to sell them for more than that, they've obviously never used a JV-1080 or Jupiter-4.

Well I might go down the MT-32 path if no LAPC-Is show up.

Yes I know a few people who easily got LAPC-Is for very cheap years back.
The MT-32s shouldn't be sold more than $50. If... over-excited individuals want to sell them for more than that, they've obviously never used a JV-1080 or Jupiter-4.

Well I might go down the MT-32 path if no LAPC-Is show up.
I was actually lucky enough to snag an MT-32 with the RWI mod on it over the weekend. The seller had listed a 1-day sale, didn't know what to spot on the mod, nor did they take photos of the underside of the unit (but showed the modified back side). We'll see how that works when it arrives! - and hopefully who the mod was done by. Personally, I'd like to reverse-engineer it, as the roms images for the modded v1.7 firmware are out there, as are the pinouts for doing the battery mod, but not the extra sound port mods.

I was actually lucky enough to snag an MT-32 with the RWI mod on it over the weekend. The seller had listed a 1-day sale, didn't know what to spot on the mod, nor did they take photos of the underside of the unit (but showed the modified back side). We'll see how that works when it arrives! - and hopefully who the mod was done by. Personally, I'd like to reverse-engineer it, as the roms images for the modded v1.7 firmware are out there, as are the pinouts for doing the battery mod, but not the extra sound port mods.

I saw that unit too! I considered it but I don't like the idea of "unknown" mods on equipment. Honestly, I'd rather do the mod myself! But if we are talking about the same unit, it does look pretty clean.

Back