• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Dead C64 or C128: specificlly the vic chip and 8701 clock oscillator chips

offensive_Jerk

Veteran Member
Title says it all. Trying to repair my board with B&W color, video issues. If you have a non-working mobo or system i'll give a couple bucks for it, depending on what's wrong with it.

EDIT _ it's for a 128, a C64 vic won't work apparently, thanks for the protip.

Last edited:
The VIC-IIe in a 128 is very different from the plain VIC-II in a 64. They are not interchangeable. Further, the NTSC, different types of PAL (and I think SECAM) versions of each VIC are also not interchangeable unless you make other changes. Which kind of board are you trying to fix, and what video standard does your new VIC need to generate?

If it helps, the 8701 clock generator is always the same.

Last edited:
I have this:
View attachment 12185

It's used but worked last time I checked. I have a C128 setup that I use from time to time.
It will fit in a small priority mail box, so $6 for the postage. PM for Paypal address if you're interested.

Back