• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted - 486 VESA Card (TSENG ET4000)

Dont know this card...is it worth it?

Nevermind - I saw it now (TSENG ET4000) and bought one!

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

Last edited:
and I bought the last one. had to put it on a credit card, because as soon as I posed it here, there suddenly was "one left". I was looking at the memory, and the data sheet claims the chips are 256k x 4 chips. I don't want to get people's hopes up, but I can't help but wonder if these are FOUR MEGABYTE cards? looking at the box picture, you would think if the card was 1mb or 2mb, they would have checked the correct box, right?

Did anyone else here get one?

8 chips = 1MB so if it has 32 chips it's 4MB but if it has 16 chips it's 2MB.

but these are 256k X 4 not 256k X 1. I mean 2mb is still awesome, I'm not complaining. I guess we will see for sure when they arrive, yes?

No... 2 chips = 256K x 8-bits... 8 bits = 1 byte.

If what you have stated were correct, 2 chips would = 1MB. But 2 chips = 256K.

It really sounds like you have 8 chips on the card and if this is correct it has 1MB.

What was the card advertised as having?

Fortunately--and unlike many other video cards--the second bank of 8 is socketed for 44256 DRAM to get another 1MB. Easy to still find these chips and they're not expensive (about $1.50 each). So the difference, economically speaking, is pretty minimal between a half- and full-populated board.

part of me is jealous of the guy for having the parts he has...

A BIGGER part of me wants to take him behind the woodshed and break his kneecaps.

*sigh* C'est la vie?

I bought the other one right after your post luckybob two days ago....so will let you know as I am supposed to get it tomorrow.

Back