• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB 486 VLB MotherBoard

ibmapc

Veteran Member
Looking for a 486 Vesa Local Bus Moterboard with Socket 3 Zif socket and 72 pin SIM slots. Processor and RAM not required, but onboard CACHE would be nice.

Last edited:
I've got an cacheless M919, ~40MB memory, 5x86-133 kicking around.
If you're interested I can try to find everything, put it together and make sure it's all working.

M919s are tricky though and may require a bit of fiddlin' but they're screaming fast.

I've got an cacheless M919, ~40MB memory, 5x86-133 kicking around.
If you're interested I can try to find everything, put it together and make sure it's all working.

M919s are tricky though and may require a bit of fiddlin' but they're screaming fast.
UPDATE:
I Bought the board mentioned here and got it working with a Diamond Speeed Star Pro VLB card, a Sound Blaster 16 card, an Intel EtherExpress 16 NIC, a Fujitsu 3 Gig Hard Drive, 40 MB of Ram, 360K Floppy, 1.44M Floppy. Been putting it through lots of testing, and so far it's been doing pretty well. However, One diagnostics program is reporting errors with Hardware IRQs. IRQ 1 should be keyboard, but diags program reports "unidentified device" the first time around and then on following passes it reports correctly as Keyboard. I don't know if this is an actual hardware problem or maybe the diagnostics program is not working quite right with this board. The board seems pretty stable running PC Dos 7 and Windows For Workgroups 3.11. So maybe there is nothing wrong. Any thoughts here would be appreciated.

Hi IBMapc,

Glad you managed to get that nice motherboard working, I have a few 486 MBs myself. Regarding the IRQ issue, if everything's working ok I wouldn't worry about it in the least, those diag programs aren't perfect. When I used to use AMIDiag, a diag program used by DEC / Digital Equipment Corp on their Celebris etc computers, oftentimes it found errors with the CMOS, or Y2K compatibility (testing it in 2002, what's da problem lol) or whatnot, was just the computer being different or too new etc. Actually I've rarely seen IRQ1, being real basic and always for the keyboard it's kind of not shown by software most of the time.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Bellarmine

Back