• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: RAM SIMMs for IBM PS/2 30/286

mac512

Experienced Member
Hi there!

as the title says, i'm looking for the rare SIMM modules for the IBM PS/2 30/286. I have the stock 1Mb (4x256Mb) and would like to upgrade to 2-4Mb.

Thanks.

Hi there!

as the title says, i'm looking for the rare SIMM modules for the IBM PS/2 30/286. I have the stock 1Mb (4x256Mb) and would like to upgrade to 2-4Mb.

Thanks.

I wish you the best of luck! I've been looking for 2 or 4MB for 8 months now. Only 4mb kit I found the guy wanted $400 for. I passed. Seems all you can find is 512k or 1mb kits, neither of which are worth anything.

I guess i'm 3rd in line? It seems like there is a market for these things. We have people capable of making their own pcb's from scratch, I wonder how hard would it be to make a run of special simms for everyone...

I'd buy 16. I have the damned 12-slot memory expansion board.

Yes, that'd be one heck of a project! But i guess it won't catch up as there are alternatives (ISA RAM boards), although they use one of the three available slots in the model 30...

But if someone ever designs such simm modules, i would surelely build 4!

Might be worth posting some photos etc of that you want, I have no idea what these SIMMs look like, might still have aquired some in the travels. This is late 80s, so must be SOJ surface mount? Also probably means moving from an 18 to 20 pin package?

I'll check my closet but I'm pretty sure I have a PS/2 30/286 in the corner somewhere - I'll open it up tonight to see what's inside. I also have quite a few SIMMs hanging around - is there anything specific to the ones you're looking for that would help me identify them from the rest?

yes, those are it. I think mac512 has first dibs, it is his thread after all. I call 2nds if it comes to it. ^.^ ( or 3rd or w/e)

Saw a few lots of 30 pin SIMM on eBay

Saw a few lots of 30 pin SIMM on eBay

SIMM.jpg

4MB 4 x 1MB 30 pin PARITY SIMM Memory $7.99 buy-it-now price for 4x1 MB chips 32 chips available @ http://www.ebay.com/itm/4MB-4-x-1MB...4369435?pt=US_Memory_RAM_&hash=item43cb58489b

Zip Chips on SIMMs, 4x 4MB 30-pin, 16MB Total, SUPER-RARE!, 100% Working! US $56.50 buy-it-now price for 4 x 4 MB chips available @
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zip-Chips-o...tage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item4ad81fd285

4mb (4 x 1mb) 30-pin Non-Parity SIMM Memory Modules Kit $7.99 buy-it-now price available @ http://www.ebay.com/itm/4mb-4-x-1mb...1617643?pt=US_Memory_RAM_&hash=item2591e6e2eb

Perhaps the SIMM chips you need are proprietary? There appear to be dozens of variants on eBay at reasonable prices. Just search for 30-pin SIMM in computers on eBay.

F. Fota
Stafford, VA

Attachments

• SIMM-2.jpg
    SIMM-2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1
  • SIMM-3.JPG
    SIMM-3.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 1
Back