• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Epson FX-1000 9 pin printer (wide).

luvit

Experienced Member
Wanted: Epson FX-1000 9 pin printer (wide)
I really just want this specific make and model -- Thank you!
attachment.php

I really just want this specific make and model -- Thank you!
attachment.php

About 6mo ago I was given a similar older model.
I'm still interested in acquiring this specific printer, the Epson FX-1000. :happy1:

Thanks for any help!

Printers in general seem to be quite underrated, and were often the second thing in the trash right after manuals :(

These look rather rare. Probably worth setting up a saved E-Bay search, but none have appeared in the past few months.
i have an eBay search :) ..there's not been one on eBay for over 18months... just a month before i returned to an active status on vintage computing.

Printers in general seem to be quite underrated, and were often the second thing in the trash right after manuals :(
i bought an FX-1000 user manual on eBay about 6 months ago.. lol. But alas, no printer. I still post here for some of us members have slight traits in hording.. not compelled to actively sell anything on eBay.

attachment.php

I'm still interested in acquiring this specific printer, the Epson FX-1000. :happy1:
Thanks for any help!

Things pop up unexpectedly on E-Bay. I looked ages for an analogue pen plotter then three came up at once. Mind you no luck with a drum plotter. I do have a wide carriage dot matrix printer but its to an FX-1000

I also find that things pop up unexpectedly on eBay. Usually when I see them, they ended yesterday for $1.59.

Did IBM re-badge the Epson 9-pin wide carriage? Is the ProPrinter XL the same printer in a different outer case?
i'm familiar with nearly all epson 9-pin printers.
i looked at a handful of pics of the the ProPrinter XL and i do not believe the mechanics align with an epson.
the ribbon also cradles differently, control buttons on the ProPrinter XL are on opposite ends when compared to epson.

attachment.php

Thanks for any help!

i'm familiar with nearly all epson 9-pin printers.
i looked at a handful of pics of the the ProPrinter XL and i do not believe the mechanics align with an epson.
the ribbon also cradles differently, control buttons on the ProPrinter XL are on opposite ends when compared to epson.

attachment.php

Thanks for any help!

A pity, as the IBM seem more common than Epson...

Back