• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Internal SCSI CD-ROM that reads CD-R(W)s (USA)

PeterNC

Veteran Member
PMs only please.

Looking for an internal SCSI CD-ROM unit that reads CD-(R)Ws. I have a TEAC SCSI CD-ROM in my HP Brio (dead MOBO IDE) that only reads true CDs.

I prefer trades. I have a SB Pro 2, SB 16, IDE HDDs, IDE CD-ROM, 486 CPU, SIMMs and some other stuff available.

US preferred: works out better postage wise.

PMs only please.

I've got a Ricoh something or the other that not only reads CD-Rs but writes them. But it's not for sale or trade--unless you have a 9 track drive that can do 800 NRZI. :)

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. :) Perhaps SCSI CD-Rs are a better choice.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, I'd probably opt for a SCSI DVD--R; they do exist. If you get desperate, there are also SCSI-to-ATAPI and SCSI-to-SATA adapters, though, they're generally not cheap.

Having said that, I've had only very mixed success reading CD-RW (rewritable) on any CD or DVD drive.

OR you can buy one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301891414714

The prices fluctuate, I got a pair for $15, and tossed the drives. Sometimes people list them as "IBM dvd drive with sled". I was hoping to use the scsi <> ide adaptor for a scsi HDD, but these versions are for atapi devices only. WORK FANTASTIC. Even works on zip and LS-120 drives. I've been told writing disks can be hit and miss, mostly because the software thinks its a scsi drive and not ide, so there are some command differences. That was a non-issue for me as anything I write I use a sata drive for anyway.

Interesting. Thanks! The CT2240 sold before my offer was considered. So I bought another SCSI DVD-ROM. *fingers crossed*

Back