• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB Sony 1x Caddy CD-ROM drive for Sony Interface card (MN: CDU-xxx)

luvit

Experienced Member
WTB Sony CDU-535 or CDU6250 CD-ROM Drive (Caddy) for 8-bit Sony Interface Card
These would be from 1992-1993 or earlier.

1X single speed, these drives use the 40-pin connection for 8-bit ISA Sony Interface Card.
Interested with or without a Sony 8-bit ISA Interface card. -- NOT 50pin SCSI, NOT IDE or ATAPI.
Please PM me.

Caddy.jpgCDUwithCaddy.jpggreyCDU.jpgCDB-241(small).JPGwhiteCDU.jpg

Last edited:
do you have your heart set on caddy drives? I have like 2 2x tray drives. one with 8bit interface card.

While I don't have the drive I do have the caddy for the drive.
thank you, sir. i'll keep you in mind if i can get a Sony drive

do you have your heart set on caddy drives? I have like 2 2x tray drives. one with 8bit interface card.
i do have my heart set on a caddy drive, specifically a Sony caddy drive which will work with a sony interface card.
i won't rule out tray drives with an interface card -- would you kindly PM pictures and model numbers of your drives?

I don't think I've ever seen Sony's CD drives in 1x speed. Only 2x. Hitachi, Mitsumi and Philips seemed to have control of the 1x market.

Apple CD SC, CD150. DEC RRD42. Original Sun CD, in the desktop unipack. All are 1x Sony drives (mostly the same Sony drive, even).

Plus, more germane to this thread, CDU-31A (though it isn't the caddy-loaded model the OP wants).

Yeah, 1X. I used to own one until I lost everything in a flood forever ago.
I got the actual compatible model numbers and updated my opening post.
Sony CDU-535 or CDU6250 CD-ROM Drive (Caddy) with or without 8-bit Sony Interface Card

Back