• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Asante EN/SC SCSI Ethernet Adapter

mdanh2002

Experienced Member
Hi,

I am thinking of buying the Asante Micro/Mini EN/SC SCSI Ethernet Adapter. Purpose is to get my Powerbook online via Ethernet (dialup is is way too slow). Couldn't find anything on eBay at a reasonable price except for this http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Asante-M...815183?hash=item1eb876d80f:g:4D4AAOSwmfhX3z53 (total 177 USD with shipping to Singapore, way too expensive).

If anyone has the adapter, message me to offer a price. Thanks :)

I recently sold several of them on ebay. They sold for ~$100 each. Shipping to singapore from the US is easily $50US.

it is what it is.

I recently sold several of them on ebay. They sold for ~$100 each. Shipping to singapore from the US is easily $50US.

it is what it is.

I recently enquired on the price of a rare Linksys Wireless PC Card that supports WPA2 for use with my Amiga 600. An eBay seller was selling the card for 100 USD and quoted me another 90 USD for shipping to Singapore. That is just insanely expensive for a PCMCIA card weighing less than 100g. Some sellers simply rely on ignorant buyers and try to make a profit from the shipping costs. There is such a thing known as eBay Global Shipping Program and just a few days ago I paid 50 USD for shipping an entire lot of old laptops and printers weighing several kilogrammes. Any serious eBay buyer should cross-check the shipping prices before agreeing to pay whatever ridiculous price quoted by the seller.

Many sellers avoid eBay's Global Shipping travesty as a courtesy to buyers.

Depends on one's personal experience. I never had any problem with the eBay Global Shipping program. In fact, the rates can be much cheaper compared with shipping via UPS/USPS. Only minor inconvenience is the tracking - sometimes it didn't even bother to update until several days after I received the package. Other than that, it worked well for me.

I won't ship that way. I want to be responsible for the way the item is packaged when it is received.

Back