• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: RAM card for 5170

Divad

Experienced Member
Does anyone have a 128K (or bigger) RAM card I could use to increase the memory on my 5170 motherboard to 640K?

Thanks

David

I have an AST Advantage memory I/O card that can add from 128KB to 1.5 MB of RAM with serial (2nd serial optional), parallel and games port I could test out for you.

It's 16-bit

Does anyone have a 128K (or bigger) RAM card I could use to increase the memory on my 5170 motherboard to 640K?
So the minimum requirement is a card that can specifically place RAM at the 512K to 640K addresses.

Some 8-bit cards will not be fast enough for the 5170, and an 8-bit card will be slower than a 16-bit card.

If your 5170 motherboard runs at 8 MHz, be aware that some cards released at the time of the 6 MHz 5170's, will not work properly in a 5170 of 8 MHz.

Thanks modem7, this is a type 1 motherboard so still runs at 6Mhz - although a previous owner has "upgraded" it with an 8Mhz CPU :)

Back