• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wtb: Ibm gpib isa

the3dfxdude

Experienced Member
Does anyone have an IBM GPIB 8-bit ISA board, otherwise known as a National Instruments 6323705 or compatible? I would like to make sure it has the same jumper blocks and compatible NEC D7210C. This is because I want to use software written for it, and I am unsure how standardized the controller is. According to the software, the jumper configuration is important. There is alot of test equipment using ieee-488, and randomly picking up a controller is not what I want to do. Programming information also would be helpful. I already know the jumpers. Also, if someone has a cable, that would be nice, but I'm not worried about finding one of those.

I do not have the board you are looking for.

I have a National Instruments AT-GPIB/TNT (PLUG AND PLAY) with a label saying 183663C-01

If you are interested in this, please shoot me a PM.

smp

Hi. Thanks to the both of you. The AT version does not have the same DMA jumpers as the PC/XT version, and I need DMA 1 and only have 8-bit slots. I will be sticking with the PC/XT version for now.

The IBM GPIB (8-bit) looks alot like a National Instruments "GPIB-PC" board from the same era. (NI made the IBM board). The only thing different is there is a blue switch block in the NI version, whereas the IBM board had jumpers to set the "adapter selection". I think this set the I/O address (up to 7 addresses). And there is a thing called "Interrupt Acknowledge Level" In the IBM databook, that I don't know how that works. If I can figure out where it corresponds then maybe that one will work. It seems more common to find.

Back