• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

bulk DS/DD 3.5" disks

NeXT

Veteran Member
I could of sworn someone where was selling used bulk floppy disks but they were 5.25" only. Was that you Chuck?
I'm after about two dozen or so double density disks because I'm fed up with recycling floppies for a system. Don't care for labels, brand or sleeve color. They just need to format okay.

I was giving them away for shipping. I probably can scrounge a couple dozen yet, but may ask for a donation for formatting and verifying. I still have a few hundred NOS ones.

I was giving them away for shipping. I probably can scrounge a couple dozen yet, but may ask for a donation for formatting and verifying. I still have a few hundred NOS ones.

Are you talking about 3.5" or 5.25" ? I have a shortage of DD 3.5" myself

Can you do....36 disks? I'll save you having to format them all and just hope there's enough extras to fulfill what I need if that works for you.

I've had good luck with floppydisk.com ... I see they have a 50 pack for $19.99. I picked up a stash of disks from them a while back.

I've had good luck with floppydisk.com ... I see they have a 50 pack for $19.99. I picked up a stash of disks from them a while back.

While that is a good deal, those are used disks and 1.44mb HD disks, not DD as the OP was looking for.

My own experience is that 3M was no better or worse in DSDD among other first-line manufacturers. I used 3M and Sony in bulk interchangeably with no customer complaints.

However, you might be interested in my post that shows that "plugged" HD 3.5" floppies actually perform better than DD ones in some cases. my thread

Back