• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Commodore PET 2001 monitor repair required

falter

Veteran Member
Hi guys,

After much fooling around, I've concluded repairing crts is not for me. I am wondering if anyone knows of anyone in Canada or the US who is reputable and capable of repairing my chiclet PET's monitor. I suspect it just needs a recapping, but not sure. I know the PET itself is alive and well. Ideally I'd love to just send the monitor to save shipping costs, but I'm assuming the repair person might not be able to power it up and test without a PET base? Anyway, recommendations welcome. I'd like to get this thing functional again.

Hi guys,

After much fooling around, I've concluded repairing crts is not for me. I am wondering if anyone knows of anyone in Canada or the US who is reputable and capable of repairing my chiclet PET's monitor. I suspect it just needs a recapping, but not sure. I know the PET itself is alive and well. Ideally I'd love to just send the monitor to save shipping costs, but I'm assuming the repair person might not be able to power it up and test without a PET base? Anyway, recommendations welcome. I'd like to get this thing functional again.

Last time I wanted something like this doing, my local TV repair man was able to recap / calibrate it. Could be worth asking around?

Back