• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

BAS to CAS

Sure, the Model 1, 3, and 4 all have these Basic commands "CSAVE", and "CLOAD", and "CLOAD?".

So, type in a small basic program such as:
10 FOR I=1 to 20
20 Print I;
30 Next I

Then Run it with the RUN command, and when it exit's you can list the program using
"LIST" command. Then, you can save it on cassette as Tokenized Basic or regular ASCII
with this command CSAVE "myprog" or CSAVE "myprog",A. Of course you will need to
have a tape in the Cassette Player, and have it connected to the TRS-80 and have the
RECORD Button depressed. It will save the program as you command. Then type CLEAR
in the Computer, and the program is gone. Rewind the tape, depress play, and use CLOAD "myprog"
to load it back into RAM. Once it is resident in RAM rewind the tape and use CLOAD? "myprog"
to double check it loaded correctly. (Only the first character of the name is verified during the load)

The Model 3 Reference card is here https://ia800700.us.archive.org/10/...y/Model_3_BASIC_Reference_Card_1980_Tandy.pdf.

The Model 1 and 4 have similar Basic Reference Cards.

The Model 1 ONLY has 500 Baud Tape speed, while the Model 3 and 4 have 500 (LOW) and 1500 (HIGH) speeds.
at the Cass? prompt use "L" or "H" for 500 or 1500. Default is 1500. Model 1 is ONLY 500.

Shouldn't take but a few minutes to give it a test drive.

Going from Tokenized Basic to ASCII is a chore if you don't know the secret........ ,A

Larry

Last edited:
Sure, the Model 1, 3, and 4 all have these Basic commands "CSAVE", and "CLOAD", and "CLOAD?".

So, type in a small basic program such as:
10 FOR I=1 to 20
20 Print I;
30 Next I

Then Run it with the RUN command, and when it exit's you can list the program using
"LIST" command. Then, you can save it on cassette as Tokenized Basic or regular ASCII
with this command CSAVE "myprog" or CSAVE "myprog",A. Of course you will need to
have a tape in the Cassette Player, and have it connected to the TRS-80 and have the
RECORD Button depressed. It will save the program as you command. Then type CLEAR
in the Computer, and the program is gone. Rewind the tape, depress play, and use CLOAD "myprog"
to load it back into RAM. Once it is resident in RAM rewind the tape and use CLOAD? "myprog"
to double check it loaded correctly. (Only the first character of the name is verified during the load)

The Model 3 Reference card is here https://ia800700.us.archive.org/10/...y/Model_3_BASIC_Reference_Card_1980_Tandy.pdf.

The Model 1 and 4 have similar Basic Reference Cards.

The Model 1 ONLY has 500 Baud Tape speed, while the Model 3 and 4 have 500 (LOW) and 1500 (HIGH) speeds.
at the Cass? prompt use "L" or "H" for 500 or 1500. Default is 1500. Model 1 is ONLY 500.

Shouldn't take but a few minutes to give it a test drive.

Going from Tokenized Basic to ASCII is a chore if you don't know the secret........ ,A

Larry

Hey Larry, when transferring cassette software from a computer to an actual cassette by booking my recorder up to my computer what volume should I set my computer at when making the recording?

Hey Larry, when transferring cassette software from a computer to an actual cassette by booking my recorder up to my computer what volume should I set my computer at when making the recording?

Given all the variables involved, you might need to experiment with your system to see what works best.

Tez

I'm afraid that volume is fixed from the Audio out Jack on the Model 4. There is no way to adjust it.
The only adjustment is what typically goes to the speaker, but is rerouted to the Cable sending
it to the Model 4.

Larry

Back