• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can one of the Moderators please BAN user AMD

Well I got to the bottom of this... And I was wrong.. oh so very wrong. The user AMD was not spamming me. His messages are not coming through. He was able to send me an attachment showing his text which is not getting sent over PM's. So the issue is PM's are not working.

I can only communicate with him by sending screen captures and sending images.
sorry about that AMD, the fact that you only signed up a day ago seemed suspect to me.

Well, you know the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words". I guess we'll have to send images to each other from now on. :grin:

Shame that race just died off never to be seen again... The romulans just annihilated their planet after only a few lines of dialogue.

Well I got to the bottom of this... And I was wrong.. oh so very wrong. The user AMD was not spamming me. His messages are not coming through. He was able to send me an attachment showing his text which is not getting sent over PM's. So the issue is PM's are not working.

Didn't I say something to this effect very early on? :rolleyes: I think it has something to do with PMs and new users.

I think most of the complaints about messages are being ignored right now. I don’t know if that’s because they are working too hard to communicate, or if it’s a sign that things are so broken they don’t even know people are complaining. I commented on the main issues thread that was started and I was asked to create my own, with screenshots. I did that, and I have heard nothing about my issue, so I’ll just live without working messages for now.

Well I think you guys are both right. Problems are worse than I thought at this point. I think getting the PMs up an running should be a high priority though.

Instead of PM's, I'd be happy to have a mechanism for securely revealing email addresses. For example, a message sent that "User XXXX has requested an email address for you. May we reveal it to the requestor?"

Back