• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Posts are auto-flagged as spam after a few consecutive edits

VileR

Veteran Member
Happened to me and to others as well. Mentioned in the long 'new forums' thread, but I'm reporting this separately here in case that one gets lost in the shuffle.

For me, it happened after I submitted a post, and then quickly edited it only twice (or maybe 3 times?):

rlaYNAY.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	rlaYNAY.png Views:	0 Size:	8.0 KB ID:	1206739

Seems arbitrary. Multiple quick edits are often needed, to correct typos, link errors, bad BBcode/layout, etc. (I always preview my posts before submitting them, but you can't always catch everything).

It's probably 100% unnecessary too, especially now that the moderation of new members has been reinstated. I'm sure that the moderators don't appreciate the extra work of having to review those auto-flagged posts for no reason, either.

I assume this has to be a setting that the board admins can disable, so hopefully not too difficult to get rid of.

I've been able to edit a post twice without issue. I haven't been game to try 3 times though.

This kind of check is fine, but it should only apply to new members.

Guess I'll plus-one this. What I find a little peculiar is I would swear I made a similar cadence of edits (maybe twice within five-minutes-ish? when I spotted typos that were kind of critical because they referred to schematics) on a post last night without the hammer falling but it did hit today. Obviously it would be an unproductive thing to do to try to intentionally torture it to figure out what the limits are.

I've had it happen three times when adding a Photo that was too large the first time. Then I wanted the Photo a bit smaller
and I got the SPAM warning. Why is this happening when I correct a typo or two? Who is the Moderator, and why
doesn't he/she get the problem in the QUE to be FIXED. Or perhaps it's not even moderated. Lets roll the solution ASAP.

Larry

We’re still working on this issue. None of us has, so far, been able to find a setting that is responsible for this behavior.

We are definitely still researching the issue, though.

- Alex

I believe that we have solved this issue. Alex disabled the Akismet SPAM filtering tools, and as far as we know no one has run into this issue since. Post here if your experience is contrary to this.

Back