• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

User Locations are not visible

NeXT

Veteran Member
A biggie from the old forum software was that you could see where geographically a member was located without having to click away from a thread. That does not exist anymore.
This forum relies on members connecting and if we can't tell if someone is a city over or the other side of the pond that aspect is kinda useless.

After staring at vBulletin's weird non-standard template HMTL and with some code given to me from a new member via PM I was able to add the location to the standard and dark theme for the forum. If a user has a location in their profile, it will show up, otherwise the space us simply left blank.

After staring at vBulletin's weird non-standard template HMTL and with some code given to me from a new member via PM I was able to add the location to the standard and dark theme for the forum. If a user has a location in their profile, it will show up, otherwise the space us simply left blank.

Well Done and Thank You, It's good to see it back, 1 down ???? to go :)

I believe I have made the change to all of the themes, though if I missed one, please post here to let me know.

Full marks both to lutiana and the new member!

All things can be achieved (maybe a bit more slowly than some would like) by working together - rather than people just complaining all the time. I can remove my location from my signature now.

Keep up the good work...

Dave

Back